Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Seems a bit extreme - you can just wear a fleece vest and put whatever you want in the pockets. I personally subscribe to the philosophy that a device should try to do its intended job, rather than try to do several things not too well. I expect my quilts to keep me warm, rather than keep my water warm, or my cell phone or tablet warm.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    After thinking about it, I’m thinking it would be much more practical to sew a stretchy fabric basic pocket to the hammock itself, which would be strategically placed in order to keep it out of your way, but also covered by the UQ for cold nights to keep it’s contents warm. It might work better on the outside or inside. Anyone care to begin research?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    I thought of on the quilts that way very little chance of rolling onto it and breaking it or it falling out of the hammock, and in one location so you can grab it easily.

And personally putting it in a chest pocket in a fleece doesnt work for me cause of i roll onto my phone or anything in that pocket it digs into my boobs
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by kattdogg View Post
    I thought of on the quilts that way very little chance of rolling onto it and breaking it or it falling out of the hammock, and in one location so you can grab it easily.

And personally putting it in a chest pocket in a fleece doesnt work for me cause of i roll onto my phone or anything in that pocket it digs into my boobs
    Then why not sew a pocket to the outside of the hammock fabric? You could even design it to be insulated from both sides, one half insulated by the UQ. No problems rolling over it. Same accessibility and the pocket will stay in a consistent location.

Hammock
    DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    I have thought about the pocket in the quilt as a pplace to store the phone in the colder months. It would be a solution for fuel too.
    I currently put my phone in a pocket of my light wool shirt but the shirt is too thin and the phone can become uncomfortable when side sleeping. I think I will work on a pocket to hold the phone that I can rest just over the outside of the hammock but between the hammock and UQ. Maybe connect the pocket to the UQ with a quilt hook.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    Because my hammock changes on a whim.... lol my uq doesn't lol..... and i cant sew. And if a cottage vendors is willing to give it a try or charge an extra 10 or 15 for a pocket why not. I keep hearing "just do this instead" like its a horrible idea to suggest a pocket on a quilt. When we should be like heck yah give it a try see how it works....
    Last edited by kattdogg; 12-11-2017 at 00:00.
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

Hammock
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    If you want a pocket on your top quilt, it seems like outside the bottom of your foot box would be a great spot and you could insulate the outside of the pocket to fully protect it. Not good for netless hammocks maybe, but that’s where I’d put a pocket. I would simply make it a sealable pocket placed at the bottom half of the outside of the bottom of the foot box. That way the contents wouldn’t tug on the quilt too much.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    If you want a pocket on your top quilt, it seems like outside the bottom of your foot box would be a great spot and you could insulate the outside of the pocket to fully protect it. Not good for netless hammocks maybe, but that’s where I’d put a pocket. I would simply make it a sealable pocket placed at the bottom half of the outside of the bottom of the foot box. That way the contents wouldn’t tug on the quilt too much.

That another good idea, maybe even a slip pocket or two for the inside of the foot box, in cold weather you could slip some body wamers in there, that way they stay down by your feet to keep them warm!

Hammock
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    The idea of it being on the top quilt’s bottom is it would be putting it in an arguably easier to access place; inside your zippered winter top cover, instead of outside your microclimate requiring you to let out some heat to access that kind of UQ pocket. If you are using a netless hammock or a sock, your preferences might vary.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, WBRR, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB SF / CB
    Insulation
    HG UQ's LL+HG TQ's
    Suspension
    CB's/TurtleTies

Phone pocket on the quilts?

I always keep the phone in my shirt pocket. I side sleep in my WBB XLC and WBRR. The phone stays warm and safe. I would not use a pocket on a quilt.
    "When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power. The world will know peace." ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No matter where you go, there you are." ~ Buckaroo Banzai

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast