Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon, HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/2QZQ DM
    Insulation
    KAQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle

Yes, the Climashield Apex 6.0 3 season quilts, keeps you warm below 30 degrees

Just wanted to send out a quick test result of the 3 season Jarbidge UQ and the White Clould TQ.
    We finally had cold weather in Maryland yesterday, so I set up my Chameleon in my 8' x 12' wooden garden shed. Expected lows of 19 degrees, with winds at 16 mph, gusting to 30 mph.

Set up was 2 Accurite thermometers, one mounted to the inside of the shed window, the other in the ridge line organizer of the Chameleon. Jarbidge UQ, White Cloud TQ, 2QZQ UQ protector and vented top cover for the Chameleon.

I wore a thin merino wool LS base layer, covered by a midweight merino wool 200 LS top...REI lightweight poly base layer bottoms, under thin cotton PJ pants.
    I wore Wiggy's 8" Lamilite socks on my feet and a Enlightened Equipment 4oz Apex Hoodlum, on my head. Pretty much standard outdoor sleepwear for the winter.

Starting temp in the shed was 28 degrees, starting temp in the hammock was 29 degrees (Cheap thermometers).
    After 15 minutes in the hammock, the temperature was 36 degrees. After 3 hours the temperature was still 36 degrees in the hammock, where I was nice and warm!
    Outside the hammock the temperature dropped to 25 degrees. I had to book shortly after that, because the winds were gusting and the neighbor's trees were groaning, and I couldn't sleep.The Jarbidge and the White Cloud kept me toasty down to 25 degrees.

The only bad thing I noticed about the setup, was i did get some condensation inside the top cover from my exhaling. I'll have to adjust my body a little higher in the hammock, closer to the mesh.

Thanks Paul (AHE) for all your hard work and efforts in making affordable Climashield under quilts and top quilts!

Sean

P.S. The picture order should be 28 degrees, 36 degrees, 36 degrees, 25 degrees...Sorry about the order!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DH Sparrow #2779
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ-HG/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/Ti CinchBkl
    Images
    I took my KAQ to 28 degrees two nights in a row while backpaking (forecast lows were only supposed to be 40. One night wind blew into the end of my hammock and I was cold all night. Next night I moved to where I was nestled in some pine trees out of the wind. Sleps warm all night with no problems. Earlier this year Took it down comfortably into the low 30s.

If you get the suspension right I've found Apex 6 quilts to be quite versitile and warm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the Mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men.
    - Daniel Webster

Hammock
    Dutch Netless -n- Summer Sock
    Tarp
    Superfly / Noah 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, blubber
    Suspension
    Cinch -n- Whoopie
    I've had my 3 Season Jarbidge down to teens in comfort about three times now. I have a Dutch Summer Sock and a Superfly Tarp. Sleep in base layer and a fleece layer on top. One time I augmented it with a SOL breathable bivy.

• + New Posts