Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle

Introducing Ridgeline Media Systems HangTime Hook:

Is there a pic of the cord lock ready version in use? I see the notch, but how does it work?

Hammock
    DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hook View Post
    Attachment 164148Attachment 164149Attachment 164144Attachment 164145Attachment 164146Attachment 164147

So, getting closer to Injection Molding production. The tooling is made, the first and second shots including color samples are being examined. A few tweaks and first article will be checked for perfection and then off to the races! I should have them ready for retail sales by end of Summer. You can still get a 3D printed cord lock ready one out of the few remaining. We will offer 3 colors in one size and hope to include the cord lock and clamp. Hoping to offer conventional or magnetic clamps as an option. Still designing packaging and illustrations. Now to get orders from retailers and find retailers abroad. Provisional patent upgraded to non provisional utility patent filed 4/20 and back dated to filing of provisional. Fingers crossed! Thanks for all of the support, feedback, advice from those on HF, youtubers, Dutch, Shug, Derek, Justin O, Gresh, Snaggletooth, Flash Gunderlore, and all the industry consulting, networking, and legwork from rais'n hammock!

-Eric J
    Mr Hook, you have a great product there. I am excited to see it make it to market. This injection molded version is very strong and still light weight. (I measured it at 1.3oz/40grams, hook and clamp).
    It has been a fun ride and I am happy to be of some help. Can't wait for them to start shipping out for everyone to enjoy!
    I really like the simplicity of the design and how all the features work to make this a great piece of gear. Great job!
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hook View Post
    MSRP is twenty dollars for the superior product, which will include cord lock, hopefully have an option for conventional or magnetic interface, packaging with illustrations and instructions. That's five dollars more than the 3D printed versions. The finish will be smooth and the construction will be more dense and more durable, while remaining lightweight. Among the limits to 3D printing is layer adhesion, it is more prone to fail along a grain that the injection molded products won't have. The injection molded versions also more consistent than their 3D counterparts. Ambient temperatures and humidity can affect individual batches during 3D printing, and printing is crazy time consuming. Of course I stand behind the 3D printed hooks, and everyone has been very patient with the beta versions. What is nice, at least for those outside the US, is that I hope to find retailers abroad so shipping won't be cost prohibitive. So, the prices will improve at least regarding shipping for some, and as compared to the current product, the injection molded version will be easier to find at awesome retailers, come with instructions so you know all it does, it will also come with relevant accessories and options.

The three colors (black will be more black for production) against a Sintax77 Cheeseburger Time T-shirt! Attachment 164155
    They have come a long way from the 3d print! Looks great! When do you reckon they will be ready for market ?
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Images
    If all goes well, the production versions should be at retailers by late summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rfluo-HErA

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Congrats on such a great product and hopefully the patent goes through.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Congrats on such a great product and hopefully the patent goes through.
    Fingers crossed! Thank You!

Images
    Sold out! I appreciate your patience regarding this temporary dry spell preceeding the launch of injection molded production! I'm right in between making them in my kitchen and launching injection molded production units... The printers are down and I'm not investing any more in 3D printing since the injection molded units are more durable with a better finish.

The tooling is made and being tweaked, packaging is being created, cord locks are being sourced, decals are being talked about... I'm taking orders from cottage hammock industry retailers for individual sales or bundling with some of the best hammocks in the universe!Thank you for your interest! Hoping the improved HangTime Hooks are available by middle of July!

This is a quick mention and sneak peek of the product to come, as I sent him a production sample from the factory. Keep your eyes on his channel for the lowdown in future videos!
    https://youtu.be/mahk4XJI8B8?t=968

In the event you are not familiar with Sintax77
    Sintax77 is a great channel, it's fun to watch and learn. He's passionate about getting out doors, hiking and hammocking and the information he shares is derived from genuine experience played out before your eyes discussing tips, tricks, and how to demonstrations with down to earth equipment reviews as well. The raw information is tempered with adventure, insight, and humor. The feedback regarding parts I have sent him (and Spiguyver Backpacking) have helped to shape the upcoming production versions. I have a lot of respect for what Sintax77, Spiguyver, and Shug are doing, I value their opinions, and I'm grateful that these guys have taken the time to discuss products and prototypes of growing small companies like Ridgeline Media Systems HangTime Hook along side some of the best products around!

33598425_1951526538422100_1576435791440117760_o.jpg
    Last edited by Mr. Hook; 05-27-2018 at 10:10.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I was an early adopter and glad I was so I have a working unit until the improved versions show up. It's a great product from a great person that has bent over backwards to work with us hammock hangers. Thanks for the great product and I can't wait for the final version. Thanks for the update and good luck and great job.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Been using mine to hold a small fan for some afternoon hang time reflection.
    Hot here the last few days.
    Shug the Cool.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I was an early adopter and glad I was so I have a working unit until the improved versions show up. It's a great product from a great person that has bent over backwards to work with us hammock hangers. Thanks for the great product and I can't wait for the final version. Thanks for the update and good luck and great job.
    Much appreciated endorsement, I hope to earn such favor with product and keeping fellow hangers happy! I have also had the good fortune of professional industry consulting that has been critical for navigating patent attorneys, manufacturing, and proper business practices from rais'n hammock and I'm very thankful for the feedback and suggestions from everyone here at Hammock Forums, on this thread, and a thread started by TrailSlug! Thanks All!

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast