Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by te-wa View Post
    im working on a "test" website, w/ free domain and hosting blah blah...
    after that, i'll drop the adverts and the .webs name, and host with a pay site that will be clean and purty.
    but for now, is everyone ok with a site much like Slittlefields and Arrowheadequipment?
    (both use .webs)

As long as you get it set up correctly and tell all the major search engines to crawl your site, I dont think it matters. You want to make sure you can alter/add meta tags and then you want to tell Goggle, Yahoo, Bing and the other major search engines about your web address. Some say it can take 2-6 weeks before your site will show up in a search..... It took mine about 3 days.....

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    same amount of down, fellas. same temp ratings too*. if anything, it just looks cool. as many other DIY and cottage guys are making quilts i think i just want a new "look" that will set mine apart a lil' bit.
    the website will launch soon, and the pics will have to be uploaded on this dinosaur comupter i use so - if anything - i have a way of dangling a candy in front of a child so to speak.. i'll be in touch!

*edit: i have started recently using 900fp down. so maybe, yes, a slight boost over the 850fp down of yesterday.
    Last edited by te-wa; 02-08-2010 at 20:49.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    if you have a righty, what happens temp wise when you lay lefty, and contrariwise?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    same amount of down, fellas. same temp ratings too. if anything, it just looks cool. as many other DIY and cottage guys are making quilts i think i just want a new "look" that will set mine apart a lil' bit.
    the website will launch soon, and the pics will have to be uploaded on this dinosaur comupter i use so - if anything - i have a way of dangling a candy in front of a child so to speak.. i'll be in touch!
    Something else to keep in mind is bandwidth. My GoDaddy package came with 1000mb per month. I recently had to purchase more because Ive started going over.

My familiarity with bandwidth is limited, but if I understand, its the amount of information thats transferred when someone opens your site. So the all the pictures and text that gets transferred to the computer of someone that opens your site adds up over a month. Not sure how .webs handles that....

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    if you have a righty, what happens temp wise when you lay lefty, and contrariwise?
    the diagonal is just a slight angle, maybe 15 degrees off center.. so although it is recommended to get the righty or lefty to suit your needs, laying contrawise would be 30° and still provide loft/warmth, although not as efficient as per design.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Sounds cool, Te-wa. I was looking at mine the other day and trying to dial in the fit, when I thought it would be nice if my Winter Coat was actually shaped asymmetrically to follow the direction of the lie. What do they say about great minds? Anyway, I was thinking that if the shape of the quilt was also assymetrical it might be easier to dial in a good fit to the shape of the hammock, especially at the head end.

Anyway, just some thoughts to chew on. I've had some good success with mine once I figured out how to get it suspended right. Thanks for a great quilt!
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    also, i was thinking.. last week i decided to offer a small prusik knot due to the popularity of the whoopie sling, and other suspensions using spectra like the HH line - that would allow you to clip the te-wa suspension and then simply slide this prusik along the amsteel for a perfect, quick fit. (you would have to loop the prusik yourself, very easy)
    that way you will be inclined to use WhoOpie slings if you have not already done so...

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ &amp; Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    also, i was thinking.. last week i decided to offer a small prusik knot due to the popularity of the whoopie sling, and other suspensions using spectra like the HH line - that would allow you to clip the te-wa suspension and then simply slide this prusik along the amsteel for a perfect, quick fit. (you would have to loop the prusik yourself, very easy)
    that way you will be inclined to use WhoOpie slings if you have not already done so...
    Good idea Mike. That's how I adjust my te-wa UQ.
    Are you coming up with any new ideas on the TQ?
    "Well, you might be lazy, but if we were not all about comfort here this would be a tent forum!" - - Roadtorque

Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    Hmm, gives me something new to think about. Have been a little bored with the forum the last few weeks.

It's no telling what gear we hammockers are going to have to choose from in 2 years, but we're getting somewhere.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    in that sense of thinking, wouldn't a V pattern be most efficient?

\\\///
    \\\///
    \\\///
    \\\///
    \\\///
    \\\///

like that?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast