Hammock
    MYOG w/ warbonnet-whipping
    Tarp
    MYOG hex
    Suspension
    Whoopies/webbing
    Images

Talking Funny story (to me at least =D)

So I was at the post office this afternoon shipping a pair of shoes to this guy out in Colorado -irrelevant, i know- and I overheard the conversation next to me. What caught my attention was the phrase "it's called an ALICE pack".
    The woman next to me, I assume, was shipping one to, from what I gathered, her son and she was attempting to describe it to the young lady behind the counter. Although she was doing a fair job describing it ("It's like a metal frame with and all of these straps on it so you can attach bags and stuff to it. People use them for different stuff... kinda like for backpacking"). Maybe it was just because I already knew what she was talking about, but it was funny to see the other young lady attempt visualize it. I just kept trying to imagine what MacEntyre would do to explain it !

Anyone else ever have something like this happen? Maybe not specifically w/ ALICE packs, but something else? How would you describe it?

-Clint
    "The sea was angry that day, my friends! Like an old man... trying to send back soup at a deli!"

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    Its more of a system of wearing a pack, kinda like the aarns than it is a backpack. Like a vest with attachments for gear-which i think is a better idea than a backpack.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cwayman1 View Post
    So I was at the post office this afternoon shipping a pair of shoes to this guy out in Colorado -irrelevant, i know- and I overheard the conversation next to me. What caught my attention was the phrase "it's called an ALICE pack".
    The woman next to me, I assume, was shipping one to, from what I gathered, her son and she was attempting to describe it to the young lady behind the counter. Although she was doing a fair job describing it ("It's like a metal frame with and all of these straps on it so you can attach bags and stuff to it. People use them for different stuff... kinda like for backpacking"). Maybe it was just because I already knew what she was talking about, but it was funny to see the other young lady attempt visualize it. I just kept trying to imagine what MacEntyre would do to explain it !

Anyone else ever have something like this happen? Maybe not specifically w/ ALICE packs, but something else? How would you describe it?

-Clint
    Love overhearing conversations on topics I know well when the people conversing aren't very knowledgeable on the topic... can be quite amusing!
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    WB Tribe
    Tarp
    OGeeTarp & OES
    Insulation
    PHOENIX/BURROW
    Suspension
    Webbing N Whoopie
    Yeah...ammusing...sometmes it happens right at your own dinner table...too funny.
    "If'n I'm gonna fall, someone is gonna' watch."
    Sean Emery

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Some of my longer posts (without pictures) describing elaborate DIY stuff have been thread-killers.

• + New Posts