The cured intestines of my enemies
    Tarp
    Wing of bat
    Insulation
    Possum fur
    Suspension
    of disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Don’t know if it’s worthwhile to post pointers to our ordinary website updates here, but a new post: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/11...hammock-stand/
    There's the pride in inventing something new, the fall in realising you're actually the third person in just the last 10 years to "invent" the same thing, and then the dawning realisation that tensahedrons have probably existed for hundreds or even thousands of years, and that instead of being in competition with the other "inventors" over the ages, you're actually linked together with them in the same enterprise.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Don’t know if it’s worthwhile to post pointers to our ordinary website updates here, but a new post: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/11...hammock-stand/
    When I was a clown with Ringling Brothers & Barnum and Bailey's Circus, the famous old clown Lou Jacobs used to always say to us new clowns when we thought we had come up with something new new...."nothing is new. Just forgotten."
    He proved to be correct over and over.
    That was a real good read there.
    Thanks.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    I'm seeing a lot of tarps on these, but I haven't seen a post on how folks are attaching their tarps. I don't have a Tensa, but I'm curious about this thing. The more I look at it the more versatile it seems. My only concern is hangin a tarp. Does anyone have any pics or video of tarping one of these things?
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of tarps on these, but I haven't seen a post on how folks are attaching their tarps. I don't have a Tensa, but I'm curious about this thing. The more I look at it the more versatile it seems. My only concern is hangin a tarp. Does anyone have any pics or video of tarping one of these things?
    No problem with 11' tarp.
    Though they are making tarp extenders for longer tarps and to get tarps higher.
    Shug

Tarp Extenders from Tensa4 site....https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/11...ns-for-tensa4/

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    It's bone simple if your tarp is 11' or shorter: string it between the apexes and guy out. If longer than that, either pry open the stand wider as required using the head tether (understanding that this lowers the hammock so can compromise pole clearance on the diagonal for taller people), or just choke up the excess on one side and pull it over the little V where the poles cross, tensioning and guying normally.

A more complete solution is in development: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/11...ns-for-tensa4/

[edit: that Shug is speedy!]
    Last edited by Latherdome; 11-25-2018 at 17:13.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    No problem with 11' tarp.
    Though they are making tarp extenders for longer tarps and to get tarps higher.
    Shug

Tarp Extenders from Tensa4 site....https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/11...ns-for-tensa4/

Thanks Shug! What exactly is going on here? Are you just wrapping the ridgeline around the end there? Would stingers and a short length of zing-it work ok? Clip the stingers onto the tarp as normal, go around a pole end and secure as normal?
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    It's bone simple if your tarp is 11' or shorter: string it between the apexes and guy out. If longer than that, either pry open the stand wider as required using the head tether (understanding that this lowers the hammock so can compromise pole clearance on the diagonal for taller people), or just choke up the excess on one side and pull it over the little V where the poles cross, tensioning and guying normally.

A more complete solution is in development: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/11...ns-for-tensa4/

[edit: that Shug is speedy!]
    Thanks Latherdome!! And the Shug is greased lightening after his shoulder surgery!!

Have you tested those extensions in windy conditions? Are they pretty tightly connected so the tarp won't move them too much in wind?
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Yes they have been tested in windy and stormy conditions. Very happy with them and we have simplified them. Working on production now.
    20180908_070334.jpgT4 porch mode 12 foot tarp and extensions 2.jpg
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter Hex12
    Insulation
    DIY Wookie style
    Suspension
    Tensa4, Trekking
    Images
    Just went upstairs to my "hammock lab" and measured the tarp extensions / Tensa4 as currently rigged. Foot extension is 14" higher than the stand ridgeline, the head side is 16" higher than the ridgeline, and the spread between the 2 tarp extensions is 13 feet. You can make the spread longer, but it will be lower.

Storm mode is lowering the extension as far as practical. The system does not require or even designed to have a guyline at the tarp connection. However adding one will help stabilize in high winds. These extensions are highly adjustable in both height and spread.
    Come check out the Tensa4 tensahedron stand and other hammock stands at http://www.TensaOutdoor.com and [email protected]

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks Shug! What exactly is going on here? Are you just wrapping the ridgeline around the end there? Would stingers and a short length of zing-it work ok? Clip the stingers onto the tarp as normal, go around a pole end and secure as normal?
    Just running the tarp ridgeline guy straight out to the ground.
    Nothing tricky.

• + New Posts
  • Page 71 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast