Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    The Tensa stand got set up in the backyard during lunch today. I made some CLs for the hammock from 7/64 Amsteel to allow some adjustability. I also made some small CLs out of lash-It that I tied prusik knots with onto the Tensa's ridgeline for my tarp. Attaching the CLs for the stand to the CLs on the hammock with a larks head was very difficult to untie, so I used soft shackles. It took, as expected, a little tweaking to get everything right, but no more than setting up with trees.

20181107_135356.jpg

That's the Chameleon Wide and an 11 foot hex tarp. I think it will be fine.
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 0°
    Suspension
    Straps
    My first overnighter with my Tensa4. Actually I did two nights and it was simply awesome. I could hammock in places I haven't been able to before, it really takes the stress out of finding a spot.

Thank you for such a great product!20181107_134850.jpeg20181106_130242.jpeg20181106_152810.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangdang View Post
    My first overnighter with my Tensa4. Actually I did two nights and it was simply awesome. I could hammock in places I haven't been able to before, it really takes the stress out of finding a spot.

Thank you for such a great product!
    Thank you for giving it a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Today I experimented with Tensa Chair. It’s made of four 4-segment poles, while Tensa4 has 7-segment poles. It works, but more dinking required. Adding a ridgeline, adjustable hammock suspension, and a foot tether opens up possibilities, but also complicates setup.

--
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hi - newbie here...

Can you use the WBRR bridge hammock with the Tensa4? In my minds eye, I envisage the Tensa4 not being long enough and the WBRR spreaders interfere with the Tensa4 poles.

Please tell me I'm wrong...

:-)

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Life2 View Post
    Hi - newbie here...

Can you use the WBRR bridge hammock with the Tensa4? In my minds eye, I envisage the Tensa4 not being long enough and the WBRR spreaders interfere with the Tensa4 poles.

Please tell me I'm wrong...

:-)
    Yes..it can if you take the time to set it up properly.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

I went to the Texas hang this weekend. I left my house at around 1 o’clock on Thursday got down to the campsite about 330 it was raining when I left and it was raining when I got there.

Thursday night was just perfect, the rain came in around 10 o’clock and put me to sleep just listing to the pitter patter of the rain on my tarp was just lovely. I slept like a baby that night.

Woke up Friday and one of the campers prepared breakfast for everybody at that time there’s probably about 50 campers there by the time we got to Friday night there’s about 180 campers.

There were a lot of different configurations of hammocks and tarps. I got some great ideas. it’s kind of a nice camping with no one that you know because it gives you a chance to meet new people.

Saturday morning a guy name Jacob who also had a Tensa stand , I told him that I want to get rid the ropes on the Hennessey hammock. Jacob set up his Hennessey hammock and he showed me how to open it up on the ends and remove the rope and then replace that with amsteel loops.

I bought two close loops of amsteel from one of the vendors. I went back and took it apart and replaced the rope with the loops. My hammock is exactly how I want now.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Don’t know if it’s worthwhile to post pointers to our ordinary website updates here, but a new post: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/11...hammock-stand/
    --

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Don’t know if it’s worthwhile to post pointers to our ordinary website updates here, but a new post: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2018/11...hammock-stand/
    That is a very interesting find with the Tasmanian stand. I hadn't heard of them before.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Space blanket
    Suspension
    Constrictors
    Quote Originally Posted by Latherdome View Post
    Thank you for sharing. It's a joy reading the history of the stand. Nicely written!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 70 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast