WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

New Ridgerunner stuff sack and poles

Opened my new netless double-layer Ridgerunner Christmas morning. Noted that the stuff sack now has a red cord on the head end. (That was something Brandon did for the upgraded XLC that appears to have migrated to the Ridgerunner now.). A small, but appreciated upgrade. Also noticed my new poles are black for the head end and grey (silver?) for the foot end. I like the two colors. Never really had trouble telling the head and foot end poles apart, but it looks cool. Also noted the foot end poles are equal length now, including the insert. Looking forward to trying it out!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Nice. I've tied a bread tie to my head end but this is a nice feature. The color coding of the poles helps at the end of a long day as well.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by drsolarmolar View Post
    Opened my new netless double-layer Ridgerunner Christmas morning. Noted that the stuff sack now has a red cord on the head end. (That was something Brandon did for the upgraded XLC that appears to have migrated to the Ridgerunner now.). A small, but appreciated upgrade. Also noticed my new poles are black for the head end and grey (silver?) for the foot end. I like the two colors. Never really had trouble telling the head and foot end poles apart, but it looks cool. Also noted the foot end poles are equal length now, including the insert. Looking forward to trying it out!
    Just purchased my 3rd and 4th ridgerunner for a friend and the Mrs during the sale and noticed all those things too. Wonder why Brandon abandoned the head end style poles with the smaller insert you could remove for people with smaller shoulders. I always used the smaller insert until I upgraded to carbon fiber polls, which have 3 equal length head end poles.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    Wonder why Brandon abandoned the head end style poles with the smaller insert you could remove for people with smaller shoulders. I always used the smaller insert until I upgraded to carbon fiber polls, which have 3 equal length head end poles.
    One of the primary reasons was to create a pole set that nested with poles of roughly the same length. Brandon did a survey and most folks wanted that rather than the 4" insert.

Hammock
    Diy bridge
    Images
    I upgraded to carbon fiber polls, which have 3 equal length head end poles.
    I've done some research here and found lots of vague references, but no specifics. (maybe my search fu is weak ) from where and if needed what special instructions do you use to order your carbon fiber RR poles?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Custom HNO Airship
    Insulation
    YETI UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    Quote Originally Posted by ceiliazul View Post
    I've done some research here and found lots of vague references, but no specifics. (maybe my search fu is weak ) from where and if needed what special instructions do you use to order your carbon fiber RR poles?
    You can contact http://rutalocura.com/products.html and ask him to make them for you. That is where I purchased mine. They are not listed but the contact info is there on the web page. Happy hunting! G-Nut
    Ever eat a pine tree? Me neither...

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapenut View Post
    You can contact http://rutalocura.com/products.html and ask him to make them for you. That is where I purchased mine. They are not listed but the contact info is there on the web page. Happy hunting! G-Nut
    I had a set made for my wife a couple weeks ago. I think they were $85 shipped. The only info he'll need is whether you want 3 piece head end or 2. He said the weight difference between the 2 or 3 was about the same so I went with 3. I'll post weight differences between the carbon and stock in a bit.

When you email him just tell him you need spreader bars for a ridgerunner hammock. He knows all the lengths already

I had a set made for my wife a couple weeks ago. I think they were $85 shipped. The only info he'll need is whether you want 3 piece head end or 2. He said the weight difference between the 2 or 3 was about the same so I went with 3. I'll post weight differences between the carbon and stock in a bit.

When you email him just tell him you need spreader bars for a ridgerunner hammock. He knows all the lengths already

Are the head end bars the same diameter as the foot end bars? Or are they able to nest?

For the 3 piece head end, does the center section have a ferrule at each end?

Thanks.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi Tate View Post
    Are the head end bars the same diameter as the foot end bars? Or are they able to nest?

For the 3 piece head end, does the center section have a ferrule at each end?

Thanks.
    Non nesting/all the same diameter.

The center head end has one female and one male end.

First picture is the stock weight, second is the carbon set, last picture is of the length difference between the head (outer 2 pieces) and foot end poles. Foot end is slightly longer.

The carbon set is less than half the weight!!! They're super strong, and I've used them in all weather from 100f to -20f

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi Tate View Post
    Are the head end bars the same diameter as the foot end bars? Or are they able to nest?.
    You may be able to order a large diameter head bar (710) and a smaller (600) foot bar if you wanted them to nest.

There is a really good discussion on carbon fiber spreader bars just a couple threads down started by Just Bill.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast