Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    Beautiful job with the hammock! Really well done, and should serve you well for a long time.

I'm really impressed with the slug tube also. I've been thinking about making this myself, so thanks posting your dimensions. I think that would work very well for my motorcycle trips. Just for my own sanity, the final sewn dimensions are approx 13" x 11'? Thank you, and enjoy!
    Those dimensions are correct. If you have particularly bulky quilts, you may want to consider increasing the width a few inches. While we're on the topic of things to do for the sake of your sanity, remember to sew the drawcord channels on the short sides BEFORE folding the netting in half and spending upwards of 15 minutes pinning the long rolled hem in place.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    DIY hexon 1.0 11ft
    Tarp
    DIY xenon .9
    Insulation
    cumulus bombproof
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    Nice work !! May I see the inside zip stitching? Just curious how did you attach the zipper to the hammock, as there are many options, and this seems to be the most neat

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kardinal_emilus View Post
    Nice work !! May I see the inside zip stitching? Just curious how did you attach the zipper to the hammock, as there are many options, and this seems to be the most neat
    I’ll take some pics later, but I can give you a summary of my method. What I basically did was lay the hammock body fabric blanks right side in, then sandwiched the zipper tape, zipper hoods, and tie out points between the two layers and pinned everything in place. This step involves a lot of planning and double checking to ensure everything will wind up in the correct location and orientation when you flip the hammock right side out. Once I was confident, I ran a single stitch down both long sides as close as possible to the zipper teeth (a zipper foot helps with this) to bind the two layers together. I then flipped the hammock right-side out and ran a second stitch down both long sides to finish them off. From there you just need to fold over the short ends and stitch to form the suspension channels, and you’re effectively done.

If I made that sound easy, I’m not doing it justice. It was a pain, but ultimately worth it. The stitching looks much cleaner and less redundant than on any of my prior hammocks.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    DIY hexon 1.0 11ft
    Tarp
    DIY xenon .9
    Insulation
    cumulus bombproof
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    ohh, thanks, the DL makes a difference, I am going to make single layer and want to cover the zipper in the fabric with as less stitches as possible to be visible from both sides. DL makes it even easier.

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    ohh, thanks, the DL makes a difference, I am going to make single layer and want to cover the zipper in the fabric with as less stitches as possible to be visible from both sides. DL makes it even easier.
    https://youtu.be/sq8gPWBMWFs

Dutch made a useful vid recently about different zipper attachment methods. If you’re making a Sl, you’ll probably want to use the triple sewn method he shows at the end.

Hammock
    DIY hexon 1.0 11ft
    Tarp
    DIY xenon .9
    Insulation
    cumulus bombproof
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    thanks, the last one it is, but no further explanation what happened over there

i would like to see it step by step, any idea where to find it?

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    thanks, the last one it is, but no further explanation what happened over there

i would like to see it step by step, any idea where to find it?
    I'm borrowing this explanation from Kitsapcowboy:

"The zipper is secured to the 'wrong' side of the fabric on the first pass of stitches. Then the zipper tape is rotated 360 degrees to capture the raw edge of the fabric and cover the opposite side of the zipper tape, and the second pass is made. Finally, the zipper is rotated 180 degrees back in the opposite direction and secured in its final correct orientation with the third pass of stitches."

Stitch - Larger.jpg

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...=1#post1780116

Hammock
    DIY hexon 1.0 11ft
    Tarp
    DIY xenon .9
    Insulation
    cumulus bombproof
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    Thank you ! I saw that before, I just couldnt find it.

Hammock
    DIY hexon 1.0 11ft
    Tarp
    DIY xenon .9
    Insulation
    cumulus bombproof
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    Hi again Do you leave the zipper pulls on the hammock body or on the bugnet?

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Camo CF
    Insulation
    HG Burrow /Phoenix
    Suspension
    Kevlar straps
    Looks fantastic, great job! Roughly how much do all the supplies cost?