Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

Attaching a Zeppelin to a Raven

I see that the Zeppelin has a mod to allow it to attach perfectly to the quilt hook on other Dream Hammocks but the Raven does not come with quilt hooks sewn in. Is there a way to secure an UGQ Zeppelin to the Raven or would I have to rig something up using a Dutch quilt hook etc? Could I attach some shock cord from a hook on the Zeppelin up to the ridgeline on the Raven? Just concerned about the Zeppelin slipping off my shoulders at night (just received my Raven and just ordered my Zeppelin so I can't try it out for myself).

I'm just noticing that although the Raven does not come with a sewn in pack hook, there are 4 ties outs on it that are offset on each side of the hammock. I lay head right feet left and on the head side there is a tie out hook that is right around my head/shoulder area. Wondering if the mod on the Zeppelin would line up with this hook?
    Last edited by SteveE; 12-28-2017 at 17:03.

Hammock
    Dream hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream13
    Insulation
    UGQ Zep/BanditXL
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    I see that the Zeppelin has a mod to allow it to attach perfectly to the quilt hook on other Dream Hammocks but the Raven does not come with quilt hooks sewn in. Is there a way to secure an UGQ Zeppelin to the Raven or would I have to rig something up using a Dutch quilt hook etc? Could I attach some shock cord from a hook on the Zeppelin up to the ridgeline on the Raven? Just concerned about the Zeppelin slipping off my shoulders at night (just received my Raven and just ordered my Zeppelin so I can't try it out for myself).
    I have a zeppelin uq and I am using a Walmart hammock until the repairs on my dream hammock are being done (it was my fault it broke.) I don’t have an issue with the UQ sliding off my shoulder or my feet. Even if I roll around in my hammock it doesn’t move around. I recommend setting it up before going in the woods with it to get your settings on it perfect. I just hook mine to the continuous loops or the amsteel that is attached to my cinch buckles on my Walmart hammock. Once you have it dialed in to the hammock you are using it’s set for life unless you change the adjustment or cordage. UGQ make good quilts I wouldn’t worry bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I don't have any issue with my UQs staying put on the Raven. I don't think quilt hooks are necessary.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12 & WD13
    Insulation
    UGQ, HG
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I just got the DH Sparrow and got the UQ and tie out hooks
    The UQ hooks holds the primary suspension well, but I really like the tie out tabs on the Zeppelin align with the Sparrow tie outs.
    Since I did not get the mod on the Zeppelin for the DH, I added a couple shock cord loops on the Zeppelin and it holds well and stops any shifting since I move around a lot when I sleep.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    June Bugs
    You could string shock cord over your ridge line and tie it to the hook on the zepplin. You can also leavebitnas is, my quilt doesn't move around much. Third option is: you can send it back to Dream Hammock and have them install them for you.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Hi Steve,
    Like others have already stated, I would wait and try the underquilt before worrying about how to secure it. The hooks on both the Raven hammock and the Zeppelin underquilt are provided as convenience items for folks who find that they need or like them. There are a great many people using nothing but the stock UQ suspension without issue at all.

Your Raven is equipped with tie-out hooks along the sides and that gives you a hook at your outside shoulder that can be used to anchor an UQ and lock it right against the outside shoulder area of the hammock. You Zeppelin should come with a pack hook on each shoulder for this same purpose. There was never a specific mod that worked with the hammock's UQ hooks, but rather the tie-out hooks.

My UGQ underquilts are now a few years old and going strong, but MamaSmurf and I have brand new Zeppelin underquilts on the way to us as we speak. They are due to arrive on Saturday and these of course will have the latest feature set, including the attachment area for the outside shoulder.

I can provide a photo or two of my quilts if you'd like to contact me directly [email protected]. In the meantime, I wouldn't sweat it as I think you're all set with these 2 products.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven D/L
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    0 and 30 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Thanks for the replies everyone... And thanks for the detailed description Randy. I figured the tie out hooks were in the perfect spot to secure a quilt so that makes sense! Loving my new Raven by the way

• + New Posts