Onewind 11ft zippered
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

First overnighter at camp Nobby

As I had a little time off over xmas I took the opportunity to combine a days beating with an overnighter at what I'm hoping will be my semi permenant camp. The night I chose was really stormy and helped me test my kit. I brought a few new toys with me to test such as a packable saw, IR camera and a DIY field oven.

The night wasn't the smoothest of trips I had with a load of local youths having a party in the woods about 200yds from my camp, I remained undetected by them which is a plus side for my site choice, I did go over and offer them a pheasant and subsiquently scared the bejesus out of them. Who would of thought a fat bearded bloke emerging out the woods with a dead animal would provoke such a reaction, I also wanted to make sure I wasnt getting stabbed in my sleep.

The field oven was working well till I knocked my roasties into the heat source and ended up with a small chip pan like fire (which I used to start my campfire).

I have put a ridgeline on to my hammock which has made a big difference in the lay, am going to bite the bullet soon and get a longer one. Eyeing up the WBBB but cant really justify the cost.

I have attached the vid which does have footage of my dogs working, game preperation but no animals are dispatched on film. The dog bit is the first 5 mins

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Sounds like a productive first overnighter. I would have loved to be an owl in the tree, watching you interacting with the partying youth lol.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    Onewind 11ft zippered
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    They were a bit shocked to say the least. In fairness I was up there today to check the area they were using and it was clean and tidy. Just good to see people enjoying the woods.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby8126 View Post
    They were a bit shocked to say the least. In fairness I was up there today to check the area they were using and it was clean and tidy. Just good to see people enjoying the woods.
    It's good that group of youngens respect their environment. Around my neck of the woods the young adults are more likely to smash their bottles, deficat in the camp ground and if one is available burn the picnic table. :<(
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    Hennessy Asym Hex
    Insulation
    C Pepper, Wht Clou
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Congrats on the successful hunt, a fine pair of dogs indeed! You ate like a king on that trip, glad to see your kit worked out well. I have a fleece headcover like that as well and also think it's the bomb. Happy New Year to you and your's Nobby. Always look forward to your videos and this one capped off the year quite nicely.

Hammock
    Onewind 11ft zippered
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks Dman, and a happy new year tou you and yours.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    "The vegans and social justice warriors..." Terrifying haha!

Hopefully the partying youths aren't a regular thing and you can still make Camp Nobby work for what you need. Glad they didn't leave it a mess. It was really cool watching you work your dogs, they seem to be well trained! Great looking breakfast!

Hammock
    Onewind 11ft zippered
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I'm sure it'll work John but I'll have to see what it's like when the weather is good, hope it's not a regular party spot. I've been really lucky with the pooches, I'm no trainer but they do what I need them too. Sods law I forgot my whistle I'm not normally so vocal. I lost the head from my selfie stick on the yomp home in the morning, I went back a day or so later (after constant rain) sent Pop off and she found it.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to watch now I'm getting a few subscribers the kids are showing more interest in camping with the old man.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux w/2QZQ Mo, WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HH SS, HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Desending Ring
    Enjoyed watching the dogs work. What a way to hammock camp and hunt and finish the day out. Pheasant, beer and a great hang. By the way what was the name of the saw?

Hammock
    Onewind 11ft zippered
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoefor2 View Post
    Enjoyed watching the dogs work. What a way to hammock camp and hunt and finish the day out. Pheasant, beer and a great hang. By the way what was the name of the saw?
    This is it mate. Got mine from ebay tho, good little saw for the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Fuchs-B...ywords=mfh+saw

• + New Posts