Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Got mine in a couple of days ago. Can’t wait to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Winter 12
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20* quilts
    Suspension
    beetles
    Just got mine ordered. Cant wait for it to show up.
    There are two kinds of people in this world. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    That is a really outstanding deal on the cook kits.

QiWiz, any data on your alcohol burner, like how long it takes to boil 2 cups of water under controlled conditions, and how long will it burn with 1 oz of fuel... stuff like that?
    Hey John and anyone else, I did a video ( https://youtu.be/K2M_l7WqZUo ) of my setup today, part unboxing, part review, part me being bored lol.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsy Camp and Canoe View Post
    Hey John and anyone else, I did a video ( https://youtu.be/K2M_l7WqZUo ) of my setup today, part unboxing, part review, part me being bored lol.
    Nice comparison. QiWiz's burner looks great and seems to do a good job.

Hammock
    Banyan bridge, BIAS gathered
    Tarp
    ZPacks w doors
    Insulation
    HG; JRB
    Suspension
    Straps & beckett
    Thanks for posting the video review and burner comparison. To answer one of your questions, the pot stand I ship is made from stainless steel mesh. It does glow near the top when the burner is going, but being steel I have not had anyone report any deformation, so no worries there, at least for up to a 1.5 liter lightweight cook pot. For the lightest setup, you can leave the lid of the DualFuel burner at home if cooking with alcohol or leave the bottom home if cooking with Esbit. Might save a few grams.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by QiWiz View Post
    Thanks for posting the video review and burner comparison. To answer one of your questions, the pot stand I ship is made from stainless steel mesh. It does glow near the top when the burner is going, but being steel I have not had anyone report any deformation, so no worries there, at least for up to a 1.5 liter lightweight cook pot. For the lightest setup, you can leave the lid of the DualFuel burner at home if cooking with alcohol or leave the bottom home if cooking with Esbit. Might save a few grams.
    hadn't thought of leaving part of the stove home, would save some grams. But I personally don't think it weighs enough to worry about.

Thanks for the info on the stand. I've seen many similar stands out there and never heard anyone complain so I figured it was safe

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    I had plenty of pots so I ordered two xl burners and a pot stand. Using my Toaks 750 I was able to get a boil at room temp at about 6 minutes using the burner and pot stand. Not bad. I do think the pot stand is a little tall. I'm probably going to use some snips and make it shorter. From what I understand the sweet spot with alcy burners is about 1" - 1 1/4" flame height. I like the burners though. Very comparable to the zelph star light burners I have been using with my UL kit. I like having a screw on lid (don't store fuel in the burner) and being able to use the lid for esbit tabs. Clever design!
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    90* Hammocktent 2.0
    Tarp
    Hammocktent Cuben
    Insulation
    Exped pad, EE TQ
    Suspension
    kevlar tree strap
    which one did you get? Laurie wants the bigger pot, we just have to get the money together...
    Sorry for late reply, I got the 750ml pot/set for 49.99. I got it yesterday and the weight is incredible. At work today I fired it up. 1oz easily got 16oz of mocha chino mix boiling. I removed the pot and the alcohol burned for approximately 3-4 minutes more. Much longer burn than my diy stove. I believe the carbon felt really makes a difference. I'm very happy with my purchase and highly recommend. I will be selling some of my cook/stove sets once I prioritize them i.e. MSR windburner, Snowpeak titanium, and whichever wood stove I like better. Firebox Nano Gen2 titanium or Vargo titanium wood stove. For when you run out of fuel.

Hammock
    90* Hammocktent 2.0
    Tarp
    Hammocktent Cuben
    Insulation
    Exped pad, EE TQ
    Suspension
    kevlar tree strap
    Thanks QiWiz for the awesome kit. It has moved to the front of my favorite cook set. Being the lightest doesn't hurt either. So tired of fuel canisters.

Hammock
    Banyan bridge, BIAS gathered
    Tarp
    ZPacks w doors
    Insulation
    HG; JRB
    Suspension
    Straps & beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    I had plenty of pots so I ordered two xl burners and a pot stand. Using my Toaks 750 I was able to get a boil at room temp at about 6 minutes using the burner and pot stand. Not bad. I do think the pot stand is a little tall. I'm probably going to use some snips and make it shorter. From what I understand the sweet spot with alcy burners is about 1" - 1 1/4" flame height. I like the burners though. Very comparable to the zelph star light burners I have been using with my UL kit. I like having a screw on lid (don't store fuel in the burner) and being able to use the lid for esbit tabs. Clever design!
    If you do take off some pot stand height and find it improves performance, I would love to hear about it. I think the current height worked the best for both alcohol and Esbit use, always using a windscreen to capture and funnel heat up around the bottom of the pot. But I honestly don't remember the details of testing I did when I first brought out the DualFuel burners.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast