Dutch and Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG WP 12ft / UGQ W
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ and WB
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Papatechie View Post
    Yes the whole hammock with spindrift will fit in the included double end stuff stack plus the entire suspension system.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Good to know— thanks. Looking forward to getting one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner/blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    Bushwack minifly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch spider/poly
    I slept out in my ridge runner last week. Super fly tarp, Lynx 20degree under quilt, loco libre 20deg ghost pepper with 1oz extra down. Temp was 17 degrees with wind chill said feels like 2 degrees. I was warm and toasty! What I'm getting at is what is the advantage of having a spindrift?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DWG + SLD Voyager
    Tarp
    WBEdge+SLD WindH
    Insulation
    SLD IUQP
    Suspension
    DWG + WBFisHooks
    Quote Originally Posted by mo_hunter View Post
    I slept out in my ridge runner last week. Super fly tarp, Lynx 20degree under quilt, loco libre 20deg ghost pepper with 1oz extra down. Temp was 17 degrees with wind chill said feels like 2 degrees. I was warm and toasty! What I'm getting at is what is the advantage of having a spindrift?

Sounds like you got a great setup! Let's see...I'd say the advantages are innovative flexible options for WBRR users to be able to customize their loadout as they need or want to for whatever trip they are taking whether it be in the mountains or in the backyard.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow 20/Lynx
    Suspension
    Spider/Poly straps

Sounds like you sleep warm. Spindrift might not provide an advantage. My daughter sleeps cold and the Spindrift lets her enjoy her time out without worrying about getting cold due to night breezes.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner/blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    Bushwack minifly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch spider/poly
    I like the idea and looks of the spindrift. Guess if I had a super light tarp it would be a nice combo. For backpacking anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I really like my SPINDRIFT. For where we Hang I use it year around. I have the old style two door and just ordered the newest addition. Having the spreader bars on the outside of the Spindrift is just a great help, solves my fight with the product.

With two doors managing moisture is easy where we hang. Plus, I use the Spindrift for privacy sometimes.

As with
    most gear, lots of different wants & needs. I use a netless RR, I find with Spindrift I am able to manipulate the Spindrift's doors in a way that keeps me from becoming claustrophobic.

Now with the redevelopment, my Spindrifts are useless. The new model I just ordered is going to solve what I dislike about the old style.

Images

A sock gives the advantage of not needing a large winter tarp for wind/weather protection. So you could pitch your Superfly high and flat for convenience even if it is windy,snowy, rainy. Or you could use a summer tarp in winter, or you could go without a tarp altogether if the moisture will be light rain or less. I have used the SD without a tarp one night when we got 3 feet of dry snow and it worked great.

Not having to pitch a Superfly down tight to block all the wind is a really nice feature. You will also generally get a slight temp increase inside the hammock that you will not get with just a big tarp pithed down tight.

Going with a summer tarp in winter is really nice because it is so much easier to get in and out of, and having alot less fabric and often requiring less guylines makes for an easier setup.

Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    Attachment 159658 There it is. Hope he doesn't mind my posting it. It looks like a total redesign. It's also a double door. I don't see the little split rings on the inside for attaching the net though.... Pics are very teazy teazers.
    Do you need the netting with the SD?
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by snwcmpr View Post
    Do you need the netting with the SD?
    Not unless you want to. Some folks like the extra barrier for heat retention. You may also like the increased ventilation from the net in the summer. The SD is bug-tight tho, if that's what you are curious about.

Images
    No, you don't need netting when using the SD, i think most people leave it in the net storage pocket...but there are internal rings inside the SD to hang your net if you like

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast