WB: BB, BBXLC, RR
    Tarp
    WB: ALL
    Insulation
    WB-UQ / HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Hey all, I’ve seen on here in the recent past; someone sent their Burrow in to Hammock Gear and a small “pocket” was installed, right at the center for the shock cord. This provides a convenient place to stow the cord, excess or otherwise. At least it wouldn’t be “hanging” about...lol. It looked really cool, I may ask for this additional option on my next Burrow. Don’t know if this would help but maybe.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser51 View Post
    I have a Burrow 40 and am just putting the finishing touches on a Burrow type clone (unfortunately Jenny does stuff I can't duplicate and shouldn't be possible, I suspect magic). I pondered the draw cord issue just yesterday ... figuring there must be a reason for its placement.

When I mentally moved it to the side I could see it being a pita to get to for adjustment .... in the end I just got some 1/32" cord to use, thinking it is so small I likely won't notice it.

Maybe replacing cord with something lighter may make that a little more tolerable ... and be a little less invasive structure wise.

Brian
    The cord on both of my DIY TQ's exits at the corners.. right by the snaps. I did that way for this very reason. And, it's very much a set it and forget it. I prefer to just unsnap it rather than adjust the draw cord.

Now that I think about it, the shock cord on my DIY's is 3/32. Maybe that's an idea worth exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    Once I had mine adjusted, I just wound up the excess and tied it into a small clump. Helps find the center in the dark after nightly adventures, never tangles on anything.
    Going to try this.. KISS is usually the winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by WayHigh View Post
    Hey all, I’ve seen on here in the recent past; someone sent their Burrow in to Hammock Gear and a small “pocket” was installed, right at the center for the shock cord. This provides a convenient place to stow the cord, excess or otherwise. At least it wouldn’t be “hanging” about...lol. It looked really cool, I may ask for this additional option on my next Burrow. Don’t know if this would help but maybe.
    Worth exploring as well.. though likely overkill at this point.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

I have never experienced this flaw with my burrow. I typically unsnap it and pitch it towards my knees when I exit. Normally in kind of a hurry at that point ��

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I have the same problem with my -10° Burrow, the cord always gets tangled in my lamp or I put an arm through it or something. My diy climashield TQ has them exiting on the corners and I like it much better that way. Does the new Burrow design address this issue? I've been thinking about sending the -10° back to get the pocket put on this summer sometime, maybe I'll do the same with my new 40° also if it doesn't have one.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    WB: BB, BBXLC, RR
    Tarp
    WB: ALL
    Insulation
    WB-UQ / HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    That feature doesn’t appear to be on the new version...but I’m sure Hammock Gear would add a cinch cord pocket upon request. I’ll ask for this to be added when I order my Burrow 10’ in a few months. It’s a great idea! Also, excited about the zipper foot-box. Regardless of the temperature, I love things to be modular.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12