Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    i want a video of the thing actually being installed need to see this magic
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...hwaregear-com?

Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Great video! Very nice job on it!

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Excellent vid
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon SilHex
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    i want a video of the thing actually being installed
    need to see this magic
    Hey Tikker, Dutch already made one, so I didn't show that on this gear review. Though I do "How To's" and Tips and Tricks from time to time, which almost always involves Dutch bling somehow ;-)
    Deja Moo: "The feeling you have heard this bull before"

Hammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon SilHex
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Wow, just wow!
    Fantastic accessory you came up with Dutch!!! The Chameleon is now my perfect hammock (though I'm still trying to figure out how I can zip on a "foot box" at the end. I think it is possible, but don't have any vision zipper to prototype it.

I gotta be honest, that Dutch bling portion of the video opened my eyes. I only used 2 of each Dutch bling I had in my sewing "I mean thread injector tackle box" MOST of my Dutch bling is on my gear. Mostly gear I made, but some on your gear. KUDO's to your design and that team of sewing experts you have. Great quality stuff, great materials, and great design.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon SilHex
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKGuy View Post
    Brilliant review! The video quality is top notch! What did you shoot this on? Did you use 24 fps? It had a very film like quality.
    Yes, I shoot in 24fps (except I shoot my slowmo in 120fps). Most of the video was shot on my Sony a7R Mark III with 16-35 G Master lens. I shoot my "B Roll" on my Sony a6500, except the times I need to squeeze a camera in a small place (mailbox, package), those were done with my Sony RX0. Not used in this video, but used on my upcoming trail reports is the DJI Spark (though I'm replacing that with the DJI Mavic Air, should be in any day). I use a drone for establishing shots and reveals. The mavic air should help me get more tracking video, since it can now maneuver around things and keep going. Also, the camera I use for trail reports is my Sony RX10 Mark IV (24mm to 600mm, covering macro to zoom). I do hyper lapses and time lapses of tasks or anytime I need to show the passing of time.

Rode NT2-A is voice over mic, in my office I use the Rode NTG4+ (so I don't have to "Lav" up). I almost always have a Rode Smart Lav+ and Zoom H1N recorder in my pocket for voice outside of my office. I use the Zoom H2N for recording sound effects, and the Shure VP83 lens hopper mic on my "run and gun" a6500 setup.

When my cameras are not on a tripod, they are either on a motorized slider with tracking or 3 axis gimbal (I use the crane-m for a6500, the G5 for RX0, the Smooth Q for my Note8, and the crane v2 for my a7R3). I use the Aputure 120d with Light dome for my main light in the office (Phillips Hue lights for ambient). Out in the field though, I use a pair of Litra Torches, to crank up the quality of recording video at night at camp (I've did a couple of test campouts with the new gear, and should have the first video finished in a week or two).

I am working out the logistics right now, but I'm on a mission to create the highest quality trail report videos out there. Luckily I had just gone through the process of converting over to ultra-light backpacking. Because of the 17 pounds of gear I shaved, I am almost at 13 pounds of camera gear, batteries, cables, chargers, etc; to support the new type of trail report videos.

I still have a lot of tweaking to do, but the first trail report video with the new gear and format is looking really good. My son and my youngest daughter really enjoy the video creation process. So, it makes it very enjoyable for me to spend a lot of time with them "playing" video production. But, I'm a passionate backpacker, preferring solo wilderness backcountry outings. Partially because I feel awkward recording around people. The only thing I'm trying to accomplish with my YouTube channel is to produce high quality informative and entertaining content. I don't care how many views or how many subscribers I have, and what you see is always what you get with me. I believe very strongly in my signoff statement at the end of every video:
    "Remember to Hang your own Hang, and as always Happy Hang'en"

Have a great day!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DW DP BB
    Thanks for the entertaining video review. Time to order some sidecars!!

Hammock
    WBRR,HENESSEY JUNGLE, ENO 1 link
    Tarp
    ENO PRO, SLD WH
    Insulation
    Igniter and blaze
    Suspension
    Buckles,atlas,ring
    Good video!

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangs4Fun View Post
    Hey Tikker, Dutch already made one, so I didn't show that on this gear review.
    yeah I see that now. I saw Dutch's introduction video, and somehow completely missed the how-to vid, go figure

and once you see how it's done, it's obvious (for some reason it never dawned on me that the sidecar had a full length zipper, somehow thought it was just inserted between the chameleon zip magically, lol)

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, LL, AHE
    Hangs4Fun, that was a brilliant and most entertaining review video, EVER! You had me laughing! What a fantastic job!

Dutch, you need to hire Hangs4Fun for future Dutchware review videos.

I did receive my Sidecar last week, just in time for a Frozen Butt Hang this weekend.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast