DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Hi folks, count me in on this year's hang! I've been wanting to make is since the very first one but always missed it, once by only a week when I was in New England.
    I hear that a couple of my fellow Florida hangers are planning to come this year, a virtual Florida invasion. I'm planning on making this a regular event as I am starting the build of my house in the White Mountains, NH.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by tollermama View Post
    Hi Dawn, Yes, Phippsburg, nice location, we are extremely friendly, so friendly we will ply you with food and drink until you can't move and then we will entertain you with friendly conversation and you will never make it to Lubec. And, you will want to move closer to us. If you can't make this hang please check out the Fall NEHHA or the Great Pumpkin hang the former in Western MA and the latter in New Hampshire. We are always very welcoming to new people and hope you can join us even for a little bit! WE are kid friendly too!
    What an awesome and friendly welcome, thank you! Was just talking to the hubbs.. looking good on convincing him too... but then he doesn't need much convincing if it has anything to do with Maine!! I'm afraid you may be too correct about us coming up and then never getting to downeast!! .. but we rented a house so can't let that go to waste Can't wait to meet some of you good folks.. Do you think any might be willing to allow us to sample some various hammock brands? I'm actually going to return a brand new tent (didn't get opened) that I just invested in, because now I'm convinced I have to hold on to my $$ and continue saving for a good hammock setup (We have two functional tents anyway).

Oh.. and btw.. if you bring your Toller I may steal him!!!! Well, at least I may steal his attention for a looong time
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Mountain Fly
    Insulation
    SMR TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch straps
    Quote Originally Posted by NJHeart2Heart View Post
    What an awesome and friendly welcome, thank you! Was just talking to the hubbs.. looking good on convincing him too... but then he doesn't need much convincing if it has anything to do with Maine!! I'm afraid you may be too correct about us coming up and then never getting to downeast!! .. but we rented a house so can't let that go to waste Can't wait to meet some of you good folks.. Do you think any might be willing to allow us to sample some various hammock brands? I'm actually going to return a brand new tent (didn't get opened) that I just invested in, because now I'm convinced I have to hold on to my $$ and continue saving for a good hammock setup (We have two functional tents anyway).

Oh.. and btw.. if you bring your Toller I may steal him!!!! Well, at least I may steal his attention for a looong time
    I'm bring Golden Retriever Abby, who everyone loves and had been to many hangs. You can't steal her though she will love you anyway.
    Grey Eagle
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” John Muir

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images

You should hang around for the raffle We’ll have several quilts from Hammock Gear and Loco Libre, a custom printed tarp from Cedar Ridge Outdoors, and a Dream Hammock. I have several other confirmed vendors for the raffle, but I have no idea what they are sending yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Eagle View Post
    I'm bring Golden Retriever Abby, who everyone loves and had been to many hangs. You can't steal her though she will love you anyway.
    We all really do love Abby, it’ll be great to see you both again.

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    NJHeart2Heart~~ Since nobody else actually answered your question from above...

YES! We are always happy to preach the gospel, convert the dirty, raise them up off of the leaf mold, and "elevate their perspective!"... there will be plenty of hammocks of all types to check out. Just introduce yer'selves, and ask!
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing

Wow, you know what a Toller is! She, (Keji) rarely comes to hangs because she can be a pain mooching off of everyone, but I might bring her. She gets along well with Abby. And, if you want to steal her feel free! (Just Kidding).

And yes, one of the great things about Hangs is you can try out everyone else's rigs and get answers to questions.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Grundelore View Post
    NJHeart2Heart~~ Since nobody else actually answered your question from above...

YES! We are always happy to preach the gospel, convert the dirty, raise them up off of the leaf mold, and "elevate their perspective!"... there will be plenty of hammocks of all types to check out. Just introduce yer'selves, and ask!
    Wow, I do apologize for missing that. It’s been a a long weekend. We took Ava to her first real concert last night, and it was a 5am Saturday morning to 2 am Sunday morning day for me.. then back up at 5 am. Needless to say, I’m basically sleep walking at this point.

Yes, most people don’t mind you jumping in their rigs to try.

I’ll have a pair of Dream hammock sparrows and a Raven, as well as a warbonnet ridge runner. I’ll also have the donation hammock up and ready to try. I have no idea what DH is sewing up for us, but I presume it’s a sparrow.

Dutch usually comes up, and brings a few of his models, but in either case, I know several people in our group have chameleons.

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    I have the donation of a TQ/UQ 30° Econ quilt set from Hammock Gear confirmed.

[I will also have the "Bug Juice Buffet" to share again, and will have some version of the Day-hanger Armada up as well.]
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    To all.. thanks for the continued welcomes and information!

Grey Eagle.. I’m a lover of dogs of all shapes, so I look forward to meeting and hugging Abby! Golden retriever- heck I could just offer her a ball or a treat and she’d probably jump in my car! LL!!! Just kidding!!!

k2001.. What day/time is the raffle? I would LOVE to get a chance to win that plus I LOVE the organization the group is set to support this year.. We LOVE lighthouses and look forward to visiting a few in the area of your camp..

I know George Carr of Loco Libre!! - met him last year at a bushcraft weekend down in south Jersey. Real nice guy - beautiful quilts!! I was all set to try some hammocks owned by the good folks at that event, but hubby and my plans were kinda messed up since my stupid (PREVIOUSLY OWNED) vehicle DIED on the way down causing us to leave most of our camping stuff behind - we wound up taking a hotel in the area and just coming during the days.

Flash Grundelore… Awesome!! Been wanting to test out some hammocks for a while now (see above) but things just never have worked out.. crossing fingers maybe this time I (and Ted, my hubby) can actual try them out.. I even returned a tent I JUST bought so I could save that money toward a quality hammock set up when I decide what to get

tollermama… oh yeah!! Love those dogs! though only privileged to meet a few over the years.. as a younger lady one of my hobbies was dog breed identification (long story for another time!!).. I bet she’s such a lovable mooch though.. waving that cute tail around looking all “I’m soon starving feed me”.. I know our cats do that to us every day LOL!!

k2001… Sounds like a busy weekend for sure!! Looking forward to trying out a variety!!
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    To all.. thanks for the continued welcomes and information!

Grey Eagle.. I’m a lover of dogs of all shapes, so I look forward to meeting and hugging Abby! Golden retriever- heck I could just offer her a ball or a treat and she’d probably jump in my car! LL!!! Just kidding!!!

k2001.. What day/time is the raffle? I would LOVE to get a chance to win that plus I LOVE the organization the group is set to support this year.. We LOVE lighthouses and look forward to visiting a few in the area of your camp..

I know George Carr of Loco Libre!! - met him last year at a bushcraft weekend down in south Jersey. Real nice guy - beautiful quilts!! I was all set to try some hammocks owned by the good folks at that event, but hubby and my plans were kinda messed up since my stupid (PREVIOUSLY OWNED) vehicle DIED on the way down causing us to leave most of our camping stuff behind - we wound up taking a hotel in the area and just coming during the days.

Flash Grundelore… Awesome!! Been wanting to test out some hammocks for a while now (see above) but things just never have worked out.. crossing fingers maybe this time I (and Ted, my hubby) can actual try them out.. I even returned a tent I JUST bought so I could save that money toward a quality hammock set up when I decide what to get

tollermama… oh yeah!! Love those dogs! though only privileged to meet a few over the years.. as a younger lady one of my hobbies was dog breed identification (long story for another time!!).. I bet she’s such a lovable mooch though.. waving that cute tail around looking all “I’m soon starving feed me”.. I know our cats do that to us every day LOL!!

k2001… Sounds like a busy weekend for sure!! Looking forward to trying out a variety!!
    We're usually set up for the raffle around 5pm on Saturday. Right now, the official time isn't set in stone. There have been talks of a whale watch, Paddle trip, etc going on earlier in the day. So once those plans are most official, I'll have a better idea on when the raffle will be.

It's not good for the fund raising to do the raffle when half the attendees are gone.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast