Hello Everybody™️,

I'm starting out in Hammocking and have recently bought several cords including Tier Gear's Mallee Wire, which I'm quite impressed with.

The quoted break strength is 250kg (551lb in freedom units), which is greater than Lash-It / Zing-It, and Reflect-It. But not as high as the slightly thicker Dynaglide.

It is a single braid, 8 strand, hollow core SK75/SK78 dyneema. It's the 1.75mm diameter, the same as Zing-It and Lash-It, and available in four colours including a bright Orange with Reflective trace. The reflective trace option is the same diameter, so unlike Reflect-It, this one works well with Dutch hardware (bling).

It weighs 1.7g/m (~0.91oz/50ft), so IIUC heavier than ZPacks Z-Line Reflective Cord (1.2mm diameter), Zing-It/Lash-It (1.75mm - same diameter) and Reflect-It (1.8mm - slightly larger diameter), but lighter than Lawson Ironwire (1.75mm - same diameter), Lawson Reflective Glowire (2mm - larger diameter), LiteSmith Trevo Catzye Reflective Hammock Line (1.8mm - slightly larger), Mont Reflective Guy Cords (1.5mm diameter).

The line has a nice feel to it, it's fairly slippery but holds knots fairly well and does not tangle easily.

It's easily spliceable. This is my first splice job and I was able to splice a Dutch Hook on. My handiwork held up overnight in fairly strong gusts of wind, I had put a lot of tension on it using leverage, and hung a heavy blue tarp from Bunnings (popular local hardware store) and a 4L MSR Dromedary bag, plus some other things. I had the other end held with a Clamcleat CL266 Mini Line-lok.

IMG_1878.jpg
Orange with grey speck Mallee Wire with some other items I bought. Sorry no banana for size reference so I used a 50 cent coin.

IMG_1879.jpg
Same as above but with flash on.

IMG_1922.jpg
Mallee Wire orange with grey speck and Orange with Reflective Trace (no flash)
IMG_1923.jpg
Mallee Wire orange with grey speck and Orange with Reflective Trace (with flash)
IMG_1924.jpg
Mallee Wire orange with grey speck and Orange with Reflective Trace (no flash)

IMG_1925.jpg
Mallee Wire orange with grey speck and Orange with Reflective Trace (with flash)

I also found the service from Tier Gear to be top notch. I am very happy with the Mallee Wire and Tier Gear. I can recommend them. If you are Down Under give this local cottage vendor a go and you won't be disappointed. For those across the pond I think you'll find Mallee Wire a good option compared to the others available. Simon from Tier Gear is on these forums.

For the record, I am not affiliated with Tier Gear, I bought the items with my own money, and this review was of my own volition and is my own opinion and words.

Thanks,
BigBenny