Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    That's what Sipsey turns you into if you stay to long. For Free!
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Hammock
    Dutch 11 PolyD; Junglenest
    Tarp
    HG; ENO
    Insulation
    HG; Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Crappers, Friends, and Self-sufficient Women.
    Well I have signed up for class so that I will learn to keep my mouth shut and allow others to be able to get in a few words otherwise. Wanda told me that she was still going to talk when she wanted, and no one better not talk over her. Wanda is taking an etiquette class on why she should have allowed Thomas to use her portable toilet to crap in. I did tell her that we still need to bring our camper for the girls to use. Wanda reminded me since I did not allow Thomas to use her toilet, he may not allow me to use his “Crapper”. I guess I will need to make sure I can make it to the rec area. All this aside, it was good to meet the guys, Rex and his friend at Wolfpen Camp a couple weeks back. Looking forward to a good hang. Dale, I am happy you are coming, maybe you will talk Thomas into letting me use his “Crapper”. God, while I am trying to type this, Tammy is outside pressure washing our house. Grow them strong in South Alabama, and for those interested she has all her teeth. She has also learned how to pick out good stout trees. Self-sufficient, another good quality.

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    Hey Ashley it sure felt good to step out of our vehicle and yell out Hey Ashley is that you over there? Then hearing yes it sure is! We sure enjoyed hanging out with you and Wanda and hearing your great stories. The next night down in the woods we still was talking about how much we enjoyed our visit with you guys around the campfire. Remember their's nothing like a good crap! Can't wait to dig that hole see ya soon! Tell Tammy to get back to work! We may need her fit and ready to dig the next hole!
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior

For anyone reading this that hasn't met me, Ashley (Abatis) is a liar! I actually don't have a full set of teeth but the dentist is working on that! Maybe by summer! But I do appreciate him trying to cover up for me. And obviously I only have half a brain because I continue to tolerate these old people and even do nice things for them (although that is probably the last time...I'm done!).

So Thomas, I'm wondering, how long do you think that crapper will hold up? I'm thinking Wolf Pen might be the best retirement home for them. It's free right? And that'll make a great bathroom for them FOREVER! Just make sure to leave it unsanded with plenty of splinters! And didn't you explain that your pic is from staying too long in the Sipsey? Well Ashley is already halfway there!

And I'm sure in your message talking about being sooo happy to see them that you just forgot to mention me? That should just be assumed right? Since I'm the favorite. 😂 But FYI, I'm NOT digging that hole, I'm not putting anything in that hole, and I'm not covering it up. I'm not going to even look in the direction of that hole for fear of it burning my retinas!

So Tammy Zero wants to go see some wildflowers next weekend with the old people. What's a relatively easy trail that should have lots of flowers? I did Indian Tomb Hollow with Wildsouth last year. Ids that about the best place? Don't get me lost!

Hammock
    MYOG 1.0 Robic XL
    Tarp
    MYOG SilPoly Hex
    Insulation
    LL UQ, TQ pending.
    Suspension
    web/buck/contloop
    Good news! Vacation approved and it looks like I will be making it barring any emergencies. Looking forward to seeing everybody again, and some new faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Girl View Post
    For anyone reading this that hasn't met me, Ashley (Abatis) is a liar! I actually don't have a full set of teeth but the dentist is working on that! Maybe by summer! But I do appreciate him trying to cover up for me. And obviously I only have half a brain because I continue to tolerate these old people and even do nice things for them (although that is probably the last time...I'm done!).

So Thomas, I'm wondering, how long do you think that crapper will hold up? I'm thinking Wolf Pen might be the best retirement home for them. It's free right? And that'll make a great bathroom for them FOREVER! Just make sure to leave it unsanded with plenty of splinters! And didn't you explain that your pic is from staying too long in the Sipsey? Well Ashley is already halfway there!

And I'm sure in your message talking about being sooo happy to see them that you just forgot to mention me? That should just be assumed right? Since I'm the favorite. 😂 But FYI, I'm NOT digging that hole, I'm not putting anything in that hole, and I'm not covering it up. I'm not going to even look in the direction of that hole for fear of it burning my retinas!

So Tammy Zero wants to go see some wildflowers next weekend with the old people. What's a relatively easy trail that should have lots of flowers? I did Indian Tomb Hollow with Wildsouth last year. Ids that about the best place? Don't get me lost!
    So apparently, judging from the lack of response, you men folks don't pay attention to the beautiful flowers of the Sipsey. You should. But I'm assuming you are too busy drawing the schematics of your crapper. I see what's important to y'all. So I'm checking into Cane Creek. I hear it's nice but their website is currently written in a different language and I'm assuming I'm not thinking that simply because ALL directions seem that way to me.

Anyone ever been? I'm sure it's no Sipsey but are the trails relatively easy?

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    Well crapper! I was hoping I didn't have to chime in on wild flowers but my mothers nickname was Wildflower and she liked going down Thompson creek towards the ship rock or Eye of the needle(same place) It would take us hours to get to Sipsey down Thompson because we had to stop at each wildflower. It's my belief that you can take about any trail near a wet creek in Bankhead and see all you desire. My 2cents on WF's I have no idea where Cane creek is? You can do it! The Wildsouth group should have all the answers for Wildflowers, I would think?

Thank you Thomas for risking your manhood by answering that for me. I think Wildsouth was doing Thompson Creek soon. That's another trail I haven't done so i wasn't sure of the elevation change. I gotta move closer! We'll probably stick to that this time since Cane Creek is a little further away and we are already short on time.

I'm sure your momma would be proud!

Well crapper...

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Girl View Post

And I'm sure in your message talking about being sooo happy to see them that you just forgot to mention me? That should just be assumed right? Since I'm the favorite. �� But FYI, I'm NOT digging that hole, I'm not putting anything in that hole, and I'm not covering it up. I'm not going to even look in the direction of that hole for fear of it burning my retinas!

Like Thomas said: 206-Thompson Creek Trail. That creek valley runs north-south, so it gets more early season sunlight. Go now-flowers probably blooming everywhere.

BTW, as for digging a hole at Wolfpen, it is easier than you might expect. I was able to dig a deep hole there in late January.
    Last edited by squidbilly; 03-20-2018 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    Like Thomas said: 206-Thompson Creek Trail. That creek valley runs north-south, so it gets more early season sunlight. Go now-flowers probably blooming everywhere.

BTW, as for digging a hole at Wolfpen, it is easier than you might expect. I was able to dig a deep hole there in late January.
    Thanks Dale! We'll try it out this weekend. Sounds fantastic! I'm sort of concerned about why you were digging a deep hole at Wolf Pen. No one has came up missing that you were angry at, right?

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast