Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New hanger in Florida

Hello from Florida! I found this forum through The Florida Hangers on Facebook. I’ve been backpacking for over 20 years and just started using a hammock and love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!! Favorite BP trips?

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Welcome to the elevated life.

There are a bunch of great Hangers in Florida and we have a bunch of group hangs with a few in Ocala. Keep an eye on the SE trip planning section for upcoming hangs.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Quote Originally Posted by SierraNevada View Post
    Welcome to the forum!! Favorite BP trips?
    I have lots of places that I enjoy, but my absolute favorites are: Waterville,NC to Cosby,TN section of AT (great views of the Smokies from that section) The Irish Wilderness in SW Missouri (great winter hiking) and the Sangre de Christo range west of Pueblo, CO (been chest deep in snow at 12,000 ft in July).

Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    Welcome to the elevated life.

There are a bunch of great Hangers in Florida and we have a bunch of group hangs with a few in Ocala. Keep an eye on the SE trip planning section for upcoming hangs.
    Definitely will keep an eye on that. Actually my boys and I were hanging on 2/17 at the WoodDuck campsite at Lake Wales Ridge State Forest.

Hammock
    12' Dutchware Gathered
    Tarp
    12' Dutch's Bonded
    Insulation
    W Logics UQ 40F
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE] Actually my boys and I were hanging on 2/17 at the WoodDuck campsite at Lake Wales Ridge State Forest.

So how did that site work for you and your boys? To bad you didn't see the posting for the Sherpa Hang at Creek Side that same weekend a few miles south of WoodDuck, but a much better site. In the same area is Isabelle Creek a few miles west of the Creek Side site. Check those sites out for access to better water sources.

Quote Originally Posted by O-Boy View Post
    Actually my boys and I were hanging on 2/17 at the WoodDuck campsite at Lake Wales Ridge State Forest.

So how did that site work for you and your boys? To bad you didn't see the posting for the Sherpa Hang at Creek Side that same weekend a few miles south of WoodDuck, but a much better site. In the same area is Isabelle Creek a few miles west of the Creek Side site. Check those sites out for access to better water sources.[/QUOTE]

It was a great site. The view at sunset was awesome. We use hydration packs so we had plenty of water (I still bring my sawyer filter though just in case). The places to hang are a little limited and they had done a lot of discing around the site. There was plenty of firewood and we had a light breeze all night long. I saw the post for the sherpa hang after we got back and was bummed that missed connecting. I’ll definitely be on the lookout for future hangs.

Hammock
    12' Dutchware Gathered
    Tarp
    12' Dutch's Bonded
    Insulation
    W Logics UQ 40F
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by mlrevinit View Post
    Actually my boys and I were hanging on 2/17 at the WoodDuck campsite at Lake Wales Ridge State Forest.

So how did that site work for you and your boys? To bad you didn't see the posting for the Sherpa Hang at Creek Side that same weekend a few miles south of WoodDuck, but a much better site. In the same area is Isabelle Creek a few miles west of the Creek Side site. Check those sites out for access to better water sources.
    It was a great site. The view at sunset was awesome. We use hydration packs so we had plenty of water (I still bring my sawyer filter though just in case). The places to hang are a little limited and they had done a lot of discing around the site. There was plenty of firewood and we had a light breeze all night long. I saw the post for the sherpa hang after we got back and was bummed that missed connecting. I’ll definitely be on the lookout for future hangs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hey mlrevinit:
    That wasn't discing work, that was caused by the hogs! They were after the roots and acorns, which is usual for that site and others throughout Florida. We be looking for you in the future, check the Trip Planning section about every week to see if there is anything going on in Florida. Possibly one in the next month or so.

Hi there, I have recently joined this forum.

Hammock
    12' Dutchware Gathered
    Tarp
    12' Dutch's Bonded
    Insulation
    W Logics UQ 40F
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPellerin View Post
    Hi there, I have recently joined this forum.
    To Both Chiro and Mary, there is a hang set for March 2-4 just north of Lakeland if either of you are interested. Hike in about 1-1.5 miles camp next to a water source. If you can't hang overnight, you may want to go for Saturday and introduce yourselves to a good group of hammockers. To to Forums, click on Southeast under Hangouts, Campouts and Trip Planning, then look for Gator Hole March 2-4. You can get directions if you post a message there. Good Luck!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast