Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
Thanks, guys. So it sounds like the positives are: very durable, not effected very much by moisture, and apparently at least matches the rated temp spec for the average Joe? I think we should take into consideration that these positives can not necesarily all be claimed by other synthetic bags which are lighter (sp?) for he same temp spec. For example, my Cat's Meow Endurance 15* at just over 3 lbs. ( Regular Cat's Meow 20*). I don't believe I could be comfortable at 15* in this bag, even in a tent wth plenty of fleece clothing on and a thick thermarest under me. Under the stars, with pads and fleece top/bottom/hat, I was just a bit cold at 27*. And the bag was almost brand new, before it lost some loft. Now there are, as we know, many variables affecting how warm different people in different conditions will sleep. But when I check results fr a lot of these bags from online reviews, BGT and otherwise, I see that a lot of other folks think the temp ratings are pretty optimistic, though some find them accurate. But not with Wiggy, where all or vast majority seem to find them warm at least to rated temp, maybe even when wet and after much use/abuse. From what I have read so far, anyway. Which is a lot. So if I save a tad over a pound for a given temp rating, what have I really gined in the long run? Plus, I have spent more money for gear made in China.

And the disadvantages ( apparently the only ones) are those already mentioed re: weight/bulk. To bad he doesn't make a quilt with foot box from this Lamilite stuff. That might not be all that heavier than some of the alternatives, especially if he kept the lamilite but use lighter shell materials. He is obviously not concerned with ultralight.

I plan to talk with Mr. Wiggy this week to clear up exactly what the difference in Polarguard and Lamilite is, though I think I have about figured it out from lots of reading at his web site. Both are continuous sheets of polyester. But I think the Lamilite is denser, siliconized and laminated rather than quilted.
BillyBob58 - anything new on the Wiggys inquiry?

Have you learned anything useful from him or have you made any decision regarding the Wiggy bags?

Everything I've read indicates they are good bags, but that a lot of people don't like Wiggy himself and spend a lot of time on forums trying to bait him into flame wars.