Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ series
    Suspension
    straps and beetles

Photobucket fix

Hey all,
    I'm a noob here on HF with just a couple of posts but have been stalking all of you for a few years so thank you for helping me over the initial learning curve. I'm not sure how wide-spread the Photobucket issue is here at HF but on another forum where I'm more active (ADV Rider), the Photobucket change from a free service to a pay service resulted in lots of broken and missing thread photos. Over on ADV, a member developed a fix for all the broken photos and it works beautifully. I take no credit for this fix and simply borrowed (stole) it from ADV. I would have posted this in the "Articles" section of the forum but I don't have enough posts to qualify doing that. I understand downloading an unknown program from an unknown source (me) will be concerning to some of you but I wanted to share this just the same. Below is the post from the ADV genius as well as a link to his original post although I think you'll need to be an ADV member to see it. I hope this helps out some of you. My apologies if I've broken any rules with regard to referencing other forums or the like.
    http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...again.1256340/

Photobucket Fixer -- see all Photobucket images again!
    Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...giikdkpmcpkaon
    Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...obucket-fixer/

Hey guys,

I wrote a Google Chrome browser extension that, once installed, will make all broken Photobucket images on any webpage visible again. To install it, if you're using Google Chrome, just go to this link, click Add to Chrome, and you're good to go! From then on, any page you visit with broken Photobucket images will show up as they did before Photobucket nuked them. You don't click on anything, or do anything else, to get the pictures to be fixed. It happens automatically. They will not be fixed for anyone else -- they will just show up as fixed for people using the browser extension.

In case anyone wants to look at the code behind the extension, you can look at it here: https://github.com/jlevers/pbfix

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    That is downright amazing. Thanks! I really missed my Opie pictorals on doing continuous loops and other stuff.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, HammockGear netless
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ series
    Suspension
    straps and beetles
    lol...that's the thread that motivated me to "borrow" the fix from ADV.

Wow, it works. This HF post of mine had the dreaded symbol: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-2016-53-miles . Went and installed the chrome extension and it works.

Checked it in explorer and it doesn't work, but I don't use it anyway. Hopefully there's no ill effects from the plugin.

FF add-On ... Yeah Buddy!!!

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-Loop-pictoral
    Works now!!!
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    This works -- awesome!

I salute you, sir, and the code writer. You've done a great service by sharing this.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    That's awesome, thanks. There are several of the "stickys" I like to go back to from time to time that got jacked up by PB, so I really appreciate the info.

You could probably post this in the "Feedback, Suggestions and Site Questions" sub-forum to benefit the general population.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    That's awesome, thanks. There are several of the "stickys" I like to go back to from time to time that got jacked up by PB, so I really appreciate the info.

You could probably post this in the "Feedback, Suggestions and Site Questions" sub-forum to benefit the general population.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post

It was moved to the DM area as it is not hammock related.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    It was moved to the DM area as it is not hammock related.
    There seem to be several threads in the "Feedback, Suggestions and Site Questions" that aren't directly hammock related, but more related to site functionality. The PhotoBucket issue seems to be an issue related to site functionality. That's why it would seem to make sense to post it there, in my opinion.

Not arguing, just trying a line of reasoning that makes sense to me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast