Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedh84 View Post
    Hey sloanie. I actually ordered the -10 degree from George and asked if he would sew up 3.5 inch baffles instead of 4 inch to make it a 0 degree with all the bells and whistles of the minus series. George overfilled it for me with the extra down the -10 would have used at my request.

I honestly don't recommend doing what I did purely for the extra overfill. George fills his quilts right. I'm very happy with all my quilts but if I was going to order another quilt I would just do the 10 or maybe a 20(cold sleeper) degree buffer and not worry about overfill besides MAYBE an ounce or two - (even with mega baffle sizes of a 0 degree). Don't overthink it like I did. I got a little too preoccupied with overfill when I was making my first quilt orders but I no longer think it is necessary from what I have seen at Loco Libre (UGQ as well, based on my friends' quilts). Save your money and just order the right temperature for your situation in my opinion.

The pictures don't convey just how well made and great these quilts are. They look much better in person. Every little push in the fabric in the pictures above isn't because it is under filled, they look that way because I was handling the quilts and squeezing them in and out of stuff sacks.
    Thanks for sharing what you did, and for the advice along with it. You make a good point— George is the only quilt maker I know who has ratings in the sub-zero range, so there’s no reason to really obsess over overfill with the 0 degree model... (though there are subtle differences between the 0 degree Ghost Pepper and the sub-zero ones, like sewn/insulated footbox and draft collar standard, 900 fp standard, no “no taper” option, etc.— which all make sense for the intended use) — just step to the next rating to get more down. While I don’t have plans for sub-zero hanging, I am a cold sleeper and like the idea of plenty of buffer for any colder winter camping.

I don’t doubt George and Loco Libre gear — much of what I’ve been reading suggests these quilts are among the most conservatively rated / warmest for their ratings. (I think I’m gonna blame kitsapcowboy for pushing me over the edge and finally ordering a Loco Libre quilt No doubt I’ll thank you! ).

How many quilts is too many? :P

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by sloanie View Post
    (I think I’m gonna blame kitsapcowboy for pushing me over the edge and finally ordering a Loco Libre quilt No doubt I’ll thank you! ).
    Mea culpa

Quote Originally Posted by sloanie View Post
    How many quilts is too many? :P
    Obviously, two more than you have...
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123