Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
    I'm thinking of hitting the one off County Line rd, near Park Meadows on my way up. Just means I have to go back that way to return them. I was thinking of going the other way home through Fairplay, Woodland park, etc. But I think I will try to stop at that REI and get some shoes.

Cannibal - I will call if I'm running behind in the morning, and may just have to meet up there at the camp.
    I just called them earlier today but didn't think to ask about snowshoes.

I'll be staying until Sunday as well, though I have to return the snowshoes back to REI in Ft Collins by 6pm. I'd rather not make the trip down on Monday.

Woo! Now I need to pack.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Looks like the Cannibal Caravan should be arriving at the campground soon... I hope one of them can check in on a cell phone or something and tell us the conditions of the roads and how much snow is on the ground

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    enjoy yourselves for me I really wanted to be there
    I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane. - Waylon Jennings

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Well, we are on our way home - didn't get to spend the night. The dogs didn't handle the cold and the hammocks very well. I was worried that might happen, but we wanted to give it a shot. Next time, we will get someone to watch the dogs

Hammock
    H.H. explorer Delux,War bnt. BBXLC
    Tarp
    H.H. 70D Hex
    Insulation
    H.H. Supershelter
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/biner
    Ya military work schedule sucks didn't get o make the trip like planned :-( bummer sorry ppl hope that we get another chance to hang again

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    People should be getting home about now...it was a GREAT time and the weather was PERFECT. I showed up about 10:15pm Friday and it was about 3F with absolutely no wind. I set up the hammock near DanaMac and poked around the area a bit...the moon was so bright that I didn't even use a headlamp.

Sevens was up b/c he got cold (someone loaned him a Yeti but didn't show him how to put it on (Cannibal) so he had it on backwards). I gave him a Downmat 7 and Warbonnet fixed his underquilt, and he was great after that.

Since no one else was up and moving and I wasn't tired, I went to the Jeep to grade papers (hey, it's the only way I could go in the first place! ). When I got back to the hammock the temp had dropped to 1F and gone back up to about 12F...so the low for the trip is about 1 degree. It was windy so I put the tarp on and went to bed.

In the morning Sevens and I got the fire started while everyone else started rumbling out of bed. After food (the hiker) showed up, here's the final count:

Just Jeff
    food
    Sevens
    LittleSevens
    Kaliram
    Genuine Draft stopped by but didn't stay...she had to go get Cannibal some boots!
    Cannibal
    Warbonnetguy
    freefall
    Mustardman and MrsMustardman came on Saturday and set up, but took off about 9pm Saturday night b/c the dogs weren't working out in the hammock.
    KnittingMelissa
    DanaMac
    So 10 campers for the First Annual Colorado Winter Hang, with a few day visitors. I bet next year will be bigger!

We basically sat on our butts talking all day Saturday. I took a quick 6 mile hike while Warbonnet and Melissa napped. There were rumors of alcohol consumption but I don't know if they're true or not.

Saturday night was a feast...chili, clam chowder, tamales, hot apple cider, corn on the grill, cobbler, pie, etc...all over a nice warm fire.

Saturday was much warmer than Friday, and it was about 20F when people started going off to bed. The low Saturday night was 11F. Folks started moving around 7am and by about 9 we had warm cinnamon rolls and leftover tamales for breakfast. Not long after, we all packed up and went to a restaurant in Bailey that turned out to be closed, so we ended up at Hog Heaven for some pretty decent BBQ.

Something funny happened on the way out of the campground but I don't remember exactly what it was.

Pics and videos to follow.

Oh, and Cannibal's new trailname is Tinkerbell.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba w/pulls
    Insulation
    Mamaba & Yeti
    Images
    Awesome weekend! Despite the learning curve and the cold Little Sevens (my 10 yr. old) said he'd do it again. And I completely agree. Good people, good stories and hammocks...YES!

Thanks to Tinkerbell, Warbonnet Guy, and Just Jeff for the gear that made our first hammock outing so much fun.

I'll be posting some pics in my album soon.

-SEVENS-
    "May the song of the LORD in your heart become a terror to the enemy of your soul."
    -Ray Hughes-

sevensonline.org

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Sevens was up b/c he got cold (someone loaned him a Yeti but didn't show him how to put it on (Cannibal) so he had it on backwards). I gave him a Downmat 7 and Warbonnet fixed his underquilt, and he was great after that.

Oh, and Cannibal's new trailname is Tinkerbell.
    Cannibal... I mean Tinkerbell... how could you
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Thanks everybody. I don't think I could have been introduced to Hammocking from a better bunch of people. Thanks for the loaners, and the tips for hanging. I must say, I was VERY comfortable in the hammock. I am usually awake at 5:00 a.m. everyday, but slept in until after 9:00 Saturday, and 8:30 Sunday. I was warm, comfortable, and RELAXED. Verrrrry impressed with hammocks.

Good time, good people, good food. Can't wait for the next one.
    AARN USA - North America Distributors

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast