Hammock Bliss
    Tarp
    Kelty 9'
    Insulation
    foam pad
    Suspension
    Rope!

Greetings from MN

Hi, I have been enjoying this forum. I have been hammock camping since the '70's, I grew up playing with my Dad's old canvas Navy hammock which I sometimes rigged up in the canopy of a small easily-climbable Elm tree in my yard when I was a kid.

In my 20's, I used a rope hammock as my full-time bed for nearly a year, attached to the wall studs.

Used a few different hammock/tarp setups when I was in scouts (27 years ago). Last went hammock camping ten years ago when I was at the Sturgis rally in SD, no bugs, no tarp, it was great. Now I have a Hammock Bliss hammock/Kelty tarp combo that should work good for me, plan on doing some trail camping with my dual-sport motorcycle this summer.

I like doing recreational tree climbing and have all the gear, cool to see the arborist influence on this forum as far as knots and ropes go.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Welcome Jerome. There has been talk here before about recreational tree climbing, including some pretty cool pictures.
    Maybe there are still some tree climbers active on HF. But I'm sure there are some bike riders here.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Welcome to the forum. Sturgis, too many people for me. I was content to ride through the rockies. And no tree climbing but lots of rock climbing. People do all kinds of stuff here. Lots of great information and friendly support.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

• + New Posts