Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Well, for me, using normal width hammocks like an HH, and certainly narrow hammocks like a Claytor, or my bridge hammock(JRB, WB, GrizBridge that I tested), I've never managed to to find a spot that wasn't covered. But maybe I don't get on as wide of a diagonal as most people. But I'm thinking with most- for sure my bridges, all of my JRB quilts rise up to or above the edge of the hammock, sometimes several inches above.
    Here is an MW3 on a Claytor, trying some experiments with different ways of adjusting(this was actually quite warm). You can see that on both the Claytor nd the bridge, the UQ edge is above or even over the hammock edge. :

Here s that same UQ from inside an occupied JRB UL bridge:

Seems to me it would be hard for me to find an uncovered spot in those as long as I was still in the hammocks. Now this is not to say that I could not- in the non-bridges at least, that something could not be adjusted poorly and gap away from some part of my body,like maybe if I shift from my back the some sort of side position. I have had that happen, but not often. Never in a bridge.
    Thank you! I’m such a noob at this but figuring it out is most of the fun. My wife is insisting I buy a new UQ to try out the difference. How can you argue with that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SOTAgoats View Post
    Thank you! I’m such a noob at this but figuring it out is most of the fun. My wife is insisting I buy a new UQ to try out the difference. How can you argue with that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My wife has NEVER insisted on such a thing! Better go with it while it s there!

Backyard camp out came one day early this week, forecast was for rain last night and what’s better than hearing rain on the tarp. Pretty much nothing. Especially knowing you don’t have to hike in it the next day!

Took the advice given here and let out the head end, creating a little slack in the ridge line and raising the foot end. Huge difference! Had a fantastic night of sleep, stayed warm and was able to sleep on my back AND side. The kids and puppy tented next to me. I’m starting to understand the “love of hammock” expressed by everyone here. Thanks for the suggestions.

That's awesome, great to hear it worked out!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123