Just posted 2 new items added to the Arrowhead Store today. The Dinner Bivy and the Super Dinner Bivy. They are two new options for Freezer Bag Cooking Cozies. The Dinner Bivy is made from 1.1 oz ripstop insulated with a layer if Insultex. The Super Dinner Bivy takes it a step further by adding a layer of 3 oz climashield and a sil outer shell.

In making these 2 new products I did some testing with a remote thermometer to gage how effective the IX an IX+Climashield were. I started with a bag of cooked refried beans (about 1.5 cups) in a name brand freezer bag. I heated them to 120F, taped mr thermometer sensor to the surface of the bag and recorded the surface temp every minute for 20 minutes. I repeated this for both the Dinner Bivy and the Super.

This is the graph of the bags as they cooled towards room temp of 73. Just out of curiosity I left the Super set up longer at 30 minutes it had only lost 2 more degrees and at an hour was still over 106. This helps to verify that a single layer of IX in combination with Climashield traps and holds heat exceptionally well, an efficiently maintains that warmth.

Both the Dinner Bivy and the Super Dinner Bivy are in the store now along with a few other new items.

Paul