Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    I imagine that the zipper is plastic. Just saying.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Might be right; I'm just so sensitive about whats between me and my hammock. I look forward to some reviews!
    Gideon

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Thumbs up

So far I'm loving my new 40° Econ zip. I haven't had any issues with it opening during the night or snagging the zipper on the hammock. My only small issue is the length. It was an in stock item on the HG website and I ordered it with my wife's made to order quilt so it's not a custom 60" short like my -10° is or old 0° was, it's a standard length. So since I'm only 5'7" , I have quite a bit of quilt that's just bunched up and in my face lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not complaining about the quilt per se, and I do absolutely LOVE it, I just wish I would have opted for a made to order so I could have at least gotten a short length vs a standard. Other than that, it's great. The ION fabric is just fine, construction is flawless and it's nice to have a more versatile quilt that I can use as a blanket as well since all of my other TQ's are sewn boxes. I will be putting up a video review on my YT channel and here either today or tomorrow.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    The new SierraMadre Puffle also looks like a nice solution to this problem with their little draft collar at the feet to plug that hole up better.
    I think you can do something similar with the HG quilts. I have some experience with the long version of the 50 degree one, and I was able to use the cord to loop around a bit of the fabric to close the gap.

Currently trying to decide if I should go for a regular 20 or a long. But I think I will go for the zipper. I think I'd like the versatility. And with the bottom end bunched up closed, it should be fine for the colder temps. Definitely looks like an upgrade over the snaps.
    Last edited by Vargan; 04-17-2018 at 10:39.

Hammock
    Chameleon 1.6
    Tarp
    SLD WH, WB TF
    Insulation
    HG econ 20/40
    Suspension
    Dutch straps+BB
    I'm planning on sewing the snaps up on my 40* econ Burrow. They come open constantly. I must kick a lot in my sleep. I'll get sewn from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    I ordered 2 Econ's on Tuesday and both are the new zip design. Mine was in stock, 40° dark olive&black of course lol) so I'll have it tomorrow and will post some pics along with an unboxing vid . The second quilt will be my wife's first ever TQ and she got a 40° as well, Moroccan blue/gray + 1oz. The wait is 6-7 weeks right now so when hers finally comes I'll post pics of it as well. I haven't been on here for a while so I didn't know that they updated the Burrows design until her and I were going over her quilt options. This will be my first non-sewn footbox quilt so I'm looking forward to it and the new design.
    I recently just order one and quite confused for configuration as well Please let me know if you post unboxing video.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargan View Post
    I think you can do something similar with the HG quilts. I have some experience with the long version of the 50 degree one, and I was able to use the cord to loop around a bit of the fabric to close the gap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    My only small issue is the length.
    I don’t have one to try, but that sounds like a clever idea. Chesapeake, you may be able to do this as a means to shorten your quilt some too!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbelly View Post
    I recently just order one and quite confused for configuration as well Please let me know if you post unboxing video.
    Here's the review I did : https://youtu.be/e-YuN9EuHhg . It's not the best quality vid because I tried filming outside at first but it was so windy it kept blowing away. I ended up just doing it in my living room but because my walls and ceiling are dark knotty pine and I had a window in front of me it didn't turn out the best. If you want pics of the whole quilt or of certain parts, just let me know. Someone left a comment on the vid asking me to actually get in it and film the review that way , and then when I replied saying I guess I could do that, she asked when lol. I thought that was little weird lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

I’m not sure about this. I had a Revelation and sold it, did not care for the design. I wonder if they will custom make the old style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    I’m not sure about this. I had a Revelation and sold it, did not care for the design. I wonder if they will custom make the old style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Email Harry and ask, I'm sure they would. They can pretty much custom make anything within reason.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast