Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC

Waypoint and Azimuth - formally announce the sale of Jacks ‘R’ Better LLC.

Waypoint and Azimuth

The purpose of this post is to formally announce the sale of Jacks ‘R’ Better LLC.

Waypoint

We have thoroughly enjoyed these last 14 years and truly appreciate the loyal support of all our customers. But, life goes on, and it’s time for the Jacks to move on to their next adventure(s). As of 1 March we have passed the baton to our good friend and hiking partner, Don Gravatt AKA “DGrav”, and his business partner, Dave Gallagher. On 5 March Jacks ‘R’ Better LLC formally opened for business in its new location in Hulmeville, Pennsylvania. For the immediate future, nothing has changed but the owners and the location. You can expect the same speedy service, quality products, and customer service from the new management. In return we encourage you to provide them the same dedication and loyalty that we enjoyed from you for the past 14 years. With that said, we thank you and wish everyone good luck, good hiking and warm comfortable camping. God bless, be safe and enjoy the outdoors.

HOIL FYN,

Jack & Jack

Azimuth

Over a decade ago I had the pleasure of meeting The Jacks at a hammock hang, a few months later we did our first of many AT section hikes together. The Jack’s have become friends, mentors and family to me. Ten years prior to meeting The Jacks I met Dave Gallagher at a Viking funereal for a goldfish (true story), we quickly became friends and each other’s bad influence. Words fail to express what an honor it is to be the next part of the Jacks R Better story! We look forward to providing great customers service, fast shipping, quality products and a few new surprises in the coming months.

Dave & Don
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    As a past JRB customer, I look forward to seeing you take the company forward with new product and the same great customer service as the Jacks offered.

Images
    WOW! That is surprising news! I hope it all works out great for you guys! DGrav, if I remember right, you are one of the enduring fans of JRB's bridge hammocks, you tried them and never looked back! I tried them, quickly abandoned them, gave them a 2nd try a few months later, and then - like you- never looked back and remain a fan these 10+ years later!

I look forward to seeing the success of the company's new ownership!

Bill in MS

Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    If i may suggest a product to add, it would be adding a bridge hammock that can support hangers up to around 325 lbs. If I am not mistaken, the BMB hammock says it only supports users up to 250 LBS.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    I wonder how many old timers can remember the meaning of HOIL FYN ?

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Hang Out In Luxury, Feather Your Nest? (I'm 22, do I count? heheheh)
    -Carter

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com| "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    JRB BMB
    Insulation
    tinfoil hat
    Images
    It counts for sure!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    JacksRBetr 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB 20deg set
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    In one of life's little coincidences, I finally pulled the trigger on a Sierra Sniveler about an hour before you posted this. It was on my doorstep 46 hours later and I used it last night for the first time. it's everything I was expecting and a bit more.

You're holding up the standards the Jacks have been setting, which is no small feat. I bet it's not as easy as it looks, either.

Also like to shout out to the Jacks themselves: I want to thank you both for your service to your country, and to the troops you took care of all those years.

Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    I thought HOIL FYN was some kind of Gaelic salutation. GO Army....enjoy your retirement JACKS, we will miss you, especially your videos in those Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Serapes aka Sierra Snivellers.
    Last edited by Tyroler Holzhacker; 04-06-2018 at 14:55.

Images
    Old DGrav has a high standard to meet in order to match the overall customer service as well as speed of filling an order and shipping, that has always been exhibited by the 2 Jacks. I wish him major success!

Also, I am a big JRB fan from way back. I still happily use my bridge model with the removable net, especially in winter! This has to be just about the worlds easiest hammock to insulate, especially if using a JRB UQ. And I always seemed to have better luck getting TQs to stay draft free for some reason in this deep hammock. And if all that is not quite getting the job done for some reason, it is maybe the worlds easiest hammock to use with an added pad. Just slip a CCF pad into that pad pocket, and it is hard to be sure it is even in there except for the huge jump in warmth. I used to sleep with no bottom insulation on weekend camp outs in the summer, when we might be having near record lows(for a MS summer you understand, so still not very cold). I'd sleep great all nigh until maybe a few hours before sun up, or maybe the wind would kick up, and I would just get up to water the bushes, and slip my cut down to torso sized WM blue pad into that pad pocket, problem solved, sleep toasty until the bright sun wakes me up! But most of the time I use the UL version that has no pad pocket, and I still feel either of these make for the most hassle free use of UQs of any other system I use. It matters not if I switch from back to either side and back again, I am always going to have gap free coverage from head to heel, with guaranteed no calf ridge, without having to have my feet squeezed into some small area. And no possibility of the UQ moving out of position, or out of a snug fit. It is just very hard for me to beat.

I'm glad that there is someone to take over this fine company as the Jacks bow out. Thank you Jacks for your products and designs, and for your time spent giving me advice over the phone years ago! You guys always seemed o have time to talk!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast