Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    ...WV, I have something special to show you this year. Let's just saw that you and Grizz have inspired me...
    Folks, this is why you need to go to this hang. The geniuses inspire each other and then they come out and compare each other's work. Got to see it to believe what they are capable of.

Hey WV, can I hang a night in your string hammock? Was so intrigued by that one last time, would love to try it a night. I believe I will nickname it, "The Thong"!!
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    WB Blackbird, bonefire, dutch
    Tarp
    superfly, HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Huggers / Whoopies
    Looks like a very fun time. I went ahead a signed up hopefully they are enough room. I can help with whatever is needed.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    dakotaross, of course you may borrow the hammock. Remember it's pretty small, and I can't use my usual "adapted quarter-weight bugnet design" (after Risk) because the sides of the bugnet won't hang tight against the hammock bed, but a fully enclosed bugnet (big enough to accommodate the spreader bars) would work - or a half bugnet. Minimal mosquito action at this hang last year, anyway. You recall that the fitted insulation layer isn't very thick, so you might want a supplemental UQ. Now, as to the nickname, you may temporarily call it what you will, but I will avert my gaze ....

Jeremy, I can't wait to try your latest masterpece. Also, Dutch will surprise us again, I'm sure.
    Ice, I'm starting to salivate in preparation for those potatoes.
    Deb, we're looking forward to meeting Maya.
    Gringo, till then.

David
    Last edited by WV; 04-07-2018 at 09:33.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    dakotaross, of course you may borrow the hammock. Remember it's pretty small, and I can't use my usual "adapted quarter-weight bugnet design" (after Risk) because the sides of the bugnet won't hang tight against the hammock bed, but a fully enclosed bugnet (big enough to accommodate the spreader bars) would work - or a half bugnet....
    What's a bugnet? I do plan to use an UQ with it which should cover my backside outside of the thong part. Thx, WV. I do realize it will be a venture of sorts.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    DH Nighthawk
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Ooooooooooooooh YEAH! Great people! Great food! Great music! Oh did I mention, GREAT people!!!! Count me in...

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    I am so excited to be there again this year. I might try bringing my dog, if she is up for it. WV, I have something special to show you this year. Let's just saw that you and Grizz have inspired me...
    You're awesome FIMB I know you & WV will brainstorming up a masterpiece. Now if we could only get Grizz to join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunracer View Post
    I'm in. I am trying to get a friend and his family to come. Both of the daughters are fiddle players and I think they would love this. I am the rep for Sierra Madre and if anyone wants to borrow any of our gear just send me a PM.
    More music the better and I'll be sending you a PM.....
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I ran up to Blackberry Friday night just to hang with the folks despite the rain & cold that was rolling in. Our cleanup day got canceled but they had foreseen this and had worked on it all week so there wasn't much left to do. So we mainly hung out in the camp store and cooked a birthday dinner for JRes on the back porch.

They had built some steps for the Bathhouse and all the camp sites had fresh wood chips in them.

The rain turned to snow overnight...

The campground will officially open on April 15th and hopefully winter will finally let go.

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    The D-crew and I are excited about coming again this year. Glad to see many friends will be there. You couldn't ask for a nicer spot, and great hosts. Thanks in advance LD Cakes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    I ran up to Blackberry Friday night just to hang with the folks despite the rain & cold that was rolling in. Our cleanup day got canceled but they had foreseen this and had worked on it all week so there wasn't much left to do. So we mainly hung out in the camp store and cooked a birthday dinner for JRes on the back porch.

They had built some steps for the Bathhouse and all the camp sites had fresh wood chips in them.

The rain turned to snow overnight...

The campground will officially open on April 15th and hopefully winter will finally let go.

LD Cakes, it was great to hangout as always. Talking about last year's hang got us more excited about this year than we already were. The 2017 Hootenanny Hang was the best event/group we had all season. Really looking forward to seeing everyone again! JRes and I will be working the registration table again this year.
    "When I started counting my blessings,
    my whole life turned around."

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by groovylu73 View Post
    LD Cakes, it was great to hangout as always. Talking about last year's hang got us more excited about this year than we already were. The 2017 Hootenanny Hang was the best event/group we had all season. Really looking forward to seeing everyone again! JRes and I will be working the registration table again this year.
    It's always a pleasure to come to Blackberry and you guys rock! Thanks so much for helping with the registration table and everything else you do!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast