Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images

Van Dusen Canyon winter hang

First time camping in Van Dusen Canyon. After this last big storm there will be lots of deep snow. We'll snowshoe into about the "old miners cabin" site. We will see when we get there.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images

ooPps

Forgot the are 2/26-27. Thought it was going to be at MayVan springs like last year. Oh well.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images

Trip report

We had 17 people on our trip this week end. 5 leaders and 12 scouts. It was about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile past the forest service gate when we could put on our snow shoes. And another mile before the road was wide enough to sperd out and camp. We had to set up camp in the dark, but that's alright we're used to it. I had the only hammock setup this trip. I used a gear guide 12x12 tarp with a two extra lopes sewn in on the ridge and a 1/8 amsteel ridgeline with 550 cord guyouts. I was able to use sticks about 6 to 8 inches long for snow anchores. Which was a good thing.
    I had my ENO double with a 20x72x3/8 ccf blue pad and BA 20x78x2.5 air core. (Another good thing) my bag is a Kelty tundra 15¤. Slap straps pro have to go before the next trip. Evevn using dutch clips with them made it easier to adjust but the dam things strech when wet.
    At about 1:30 the wind started to pickup(we were expected wheater) and started to blow through like a freight train. And kept it up most of the night. Then wind and snow. And about 5 just snow. I was dry and warm all night. Others were'nt so lucky. My guyline did'nt hold in the high wind but the snow anchors did. I"ll post some pics later.

• + New Posts