Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlrocm View Post
    I'm happy to see this discussion, and I'm even happier that we consumers have such a great options! I'm trying hard to keep my wallet where it belongs. I've been very pleased with my Wilderness Logics Snipe, so I think I might just hang it until it won't hang no more. once my snipe gives up, I'll be coming back to this discussion and video for sure.
    Right on! Yeah man, stick with what works for you. When the time comes do your research, see if you can test any at a hang or if any friends have one you like. Then go with what is best for you at that point. Thanks!

Question

What was the width of the Sparrow hammock used in this comparison video? Also, I assume it was an 11 ft?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7DL
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Thanks for doing this.

I appreciate the work put in and how you've worked to keep things objective.
    In the end HYOH rules the roost.

That said I'm curious about is how the different hammocks dealt with condensation as you had the top covers on?

Hammock
    Dream Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBTF
    Total newby with two whole nights on my Turtledog. I have a DH Sparrow on order, thanks in part to this review. I also got a Dutch netless wide for home which has worked well so far.

Anyway, these cottage vendors with so many options are outstanding, but ordering is somewhat of a challenge for a newby like me. Single vs. Double layer? Fabric choice? Do I need tie outs, top cover, etc etc. I ended up changing from Robic 1.7 single to double with HyperD XL on the inside and Robic xl 1.2 on the outside. I feel kind of bad for Deanna to pull a switcheroo after ordering, but felt that I'd be so much happier with the new info I had after ordering.

I don't know if anyone has a newby ordering guide for these cottage vendor hammocks with infinite options. I'm half-way through The Ultimate Hang, and it is super duper helpful, but I don't know if Derek or anyone else covers all of these options. When I was looking at Dutch's web site and Dream Hammock's web site, I kept wondering what is this? would I want it or not? How do I pick this or that? Just the fabric and color choices alone are kind of head-spinning.

Then again, newbies are probably not the target market for these custom modular hammocks.
    Last edited by Loonatic; 05-25-2018 at 14:57.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonatic View Post
    Total newby with two whole nights on my Turtledog. I have a DH Sparrow on order, thanks in part to this review. I also got a Dutch netless wide for home which has worked well so far.

Anyway, these cottage vendors with so many options are outstanding, but ordering is somewhat of a challenge for a newby like me. Single vs. Double layer? Fabric choice? Do I need tie outs, top cover, etc etc. I ended up changing from Robic 1.7 single to double with HyperD XL on the inside and Robic xl 1.2 on the outside. I feel kind of bad for Deanna to pull a switcheroo after ordering, but felt that I'd be so much happier with the new info I had after ordering.

I don't know if anyone has a newby ordering guide for these cottage vendor hammocks with infinite options. I'm half-way through The Ultimate Hang, and it is super duper helpful, but I don't know if Derek or anyone else covers all of these options. When I was looking at Dutch's web site and Dream Hammock's web site, I kept wondering what is this? would I want it or not? How do I pick this or that? Just the fabric and color choices alone are kind of head-spinning.

Then again, newbies are probably not the target market for these custom modular hammocks.
    If you go to my YouTube channel, I have a Hammock How-To series which covers some of this, but there is so much that I have only scratched the surface on some of it.

Hammock
    Dream Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiguyver View Post
    If you go to my YouTube channel, I have a Hammock How-To series which covers some of this, but there is so much that I have only scratched the surface on some of it.
    Thanks, your videos and this forum in general is super helpful.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234