Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    Ninety Degree Hammock, e.g. Hammocktent Alpha, Beta, Gamma, or Gamma UL; Exped Ergo; or Amok Draumr. Not only will they fit across the room but they are the most comfortable.
    Thanks for the recommendations! I think those are hammocks, however. I'm looking to either buy or build a hammock stand that'll run diagonal across my room. One that's unobtrusive and possibly collapsible.

Hammock
    a few DIY builds
    Tarp
    minifly (untested)
    Insulation
    CDT and EE Rev
    Suspension
    Straps so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Charliewarlie View Post
    Watched two videos on the tensahedron hammock stand, and skimmed through the thread about it here. Do you know where I can find the instructions on how to build it? And yes, I have use of the full diagonal of my room - 12'.
    I haven't seen any instructions yet. The one I made was four 2"x2" boards and four hinges, but I think the EMT conduit would be nicer. If you look through the thread you can see what folks are doing. It looks like four pieces of pipe, four rubber feet (like for metal chairs) and some cables with clamps to hold it together. Some people are using bolts instead, and most recently, a new thread is for a more portable version. You need a counterweight or tie-out to keep it stable. I have never used it indoors, but there are plenty of photos where people have. Not sure how this would compare to the version you were thinking about....just another idea.

Hammock
    a few DIY builds
    Tarp
    minifly (untested)
    Insulation
    CDT and EE Rev
    Suspension
    Straps so far
    Also, you can buy a lightweight version for $300 if that's in your price range. 12 feet might be pushing it though, the more I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeRing View Post
    Also, you can buy a lightweight version for $300 if that's in your price range. 12 feet might be pushing it though, the more I think about it.
    Thank you very much for the information. Can you please provide a URL for the $300 lightweight version? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeRing View Post
    I haven't seen any instructions yet. The one I made was four 2"x2" boards and four hinges, but I think the EMT conduit would be nicer. If you look through the thread you can see what folks are doing. It looks like four pieces of pipe, four rubber feet (like for metal chairs) and some cables with clamps to hold it together. Some people are using bolts instead, and most recently, a new thread is for a more portable version. You need a counterweight or tie-out to keep it stable. I have never used it indoors, but there are plenty of photos where people have. Not sure how this would compare to the version you were thinking about....just another idea.
    I'll sift through the thread today, all 66 pages of it, and see what I can glean from it. Thanks for sharing! If any more ideas come to mind, please share them with me. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutch 1.6 Hexon netless
    Tarp
    HammockGear Quest
    Insulation
    HG 40 TQ, CDT UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch woopie hook
    The commercial tensahedron link is here http://www.tensaoutdoor.com/. I own one of these and it works well. I would say it is definitely worth consideration. I used it with a 8'9" hammock and an 11' hammock. I have set it up at not much more length than the 110" need for the ridgeline in my 11'.

Quote Originally Posted by momor View Post
    The commercial tensahedron link is here http://www.tensaoutdoor.com/. I own one of these and it works well. I would say it is definitely worth consideration. I used it with a 8'9" hammock and an 11' hammock. I have set it up at not much more length than the 110" need for the ridgeline in my 11'.
    Which of the two do you own, the Tensa2 or the Tensa4? The Tensa4 looks like the one that appears in the thread shared, but it doesn't appear to be in production yet? Thanks!

Hammock
    Dutch 1.6 Hexon netless
    Tarp
    HammockGear Quest
    Insulation
    HG 40 TQ, CDT UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch woopie hook
    I have what would be the tensa4. It is in production, but there is a lead time from what I understand.

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Tensa4 is indeed in production, but demand currently exceeds supply, so there's a wait. We're working to ramp up production.

For DIY, there's not a single set of instructions because many ways to do it, and too many different budgets, available materials, and other priorities to please everybody. I think Daneaustin3's version on page 27 of the main tensahedron thread is pretty compelling in terms of simplicity and low cost. You could easily substitute 2x2's and finish them nice for more "furniture" appeal. The footprint is pretty tiny and central, so ideal for positioning on the diagonal of a small room. Because it's a "2-legged stool" prone to tipping before you learn how to avoid that, there's potential for wall or ceiling damage. Ask me how I know :-). Avoidable if you know what to watch out for...
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Quote Originally Posted by momor View Post
    I have what would be the tensa4. It is in production, but there is a lead time from what I understand.
    Thank you for clarifying for me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast