Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    It really does help speed up set up and take down time. I used a diy version for a while but have since moved to just using a small piece of shock cord wrapped around the middle to hold everything in place, and then stuff the entire set up, hammock, underquilt, top quilt, pillow and winter sock into a compression sack that I sewed a buttonhole on one end to pass the continuous loop through, making it more or less at Bishop bag. Works great,
    Great now we got the wheels turning..........Almost like a bishop bag but for the whole shebang? Anyhow I like the thought of that. One bag instead of like 2 or three and compression so you can get the little bastich small enough to pack around.......

Might have some experimenting to do......

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    20180721_172936.jpg20180721_173017.jpg20180721_173613.jpg

I found a cheap compression socks that was about the same diameter as inside of my backpack, this allows me to compress it only as much as I need to carry my load. If I'm just going out for the night I can pretty much just leave it loose in my backpack and pack things around it. If it's going to be winter time with lots of cold weather gear or multiple day with lots of food, I can compress it down more without it bulging into my back too bad. And it make set up and take down super fast.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Wait a second... there's a hammock, two quilts and a pillow in that tube? No way.

You have my attention.

I need to see a video of how you get the sleeve over lofted quilts, hammocks and suspensions.. I am visualizing a wrestling match.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    Wait a second... there's a hammock, two quilts and a pillow in that tube? No way.

You have my attention.

I need to see a video of how you get the sleeve over lofted quilts, hammocks and suspensions.. I am visualizing a wrestling match.
    It's not as hard as you would think as long as it's down, you just squeeze the quilts to get the air out as you work the sleeves over them. But it does take a little work, that's the main reason I switched over to just a bungee cord and then stuff the whole Marianne into a bishop bag. That and when it's in a sleeve it's just solid enough to kind of be a pain to pack up, a long firm snake that you got to coil into your backpack without having bulges. I found it all being in one compression sack just rides better in my pack.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD .9oz Asym Tarp
    Insulation
    LL Operator Series
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    It's not as hard as you would think as long as it's down, you just squeeze the quilts to get the air out as you work the sleeves over them. But it does take a little work, that's the main reason I switched over to just a bungee cord and then stuff the whole Marianne into a bishop bag. That and when it's in a sleeve it's just solid enough to kind of be a pain to pack up, a long firm snake that you got to coil into your backpack without having bulges. I found it all being in one compression sack just rides better in my pack.
    I experienced the same with my Hennessy setup in one big sleeve. Upside: It's super fast to set up and you're lounging comfortably in your hammock already while your buddy is still fiddling with shock cords. Downside: It takes up more space in your backpack. With my current setup, I have the hammock in a double-ended stuff sack together with the tarp, which is in a sleeve and always attached to the hammock suspension. Still a time-saver.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I've been using an SLD winter width Hammock Catch All sleeve lately, and it's AWESOME. It will fit any of my hammocks w/net, PLUS my minus 10° Incubator & Burrow, Snugpak Snuggy pillow and clothes to sleep in with room to spare. If I can fit all that in there (and those quilts are massive) it's safe to say it will fit anyone's rig lol. If I also have my tarp skinned and on my hammock suspension, setting EVERYTHING up takes all of 2 or 3 mins.... All I have to do is set my tree straps, put my whoopies on the MSH then unskin and stake out tarp/hammock...... DONE. The only downside is getting all the air out when I'm packing it back up.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12