Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargan View Post
    They're coming out with their own hammock? :O I'm intrigued. How do you know? Do you have any info on it?
    Oh yeah!

Hammock Gear hammocks are here!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vargan View Post
    They're coming out with their own hammock? :O I'm intrigued. How do you know? Do you have any info on it?
    Yes, they are in the testing phase with it now and I'm told it should be out this fall. Being a Private Investigator and former death row/super max Corrections Officer in Delaware has trained my ears and brain to pick up on the smallest, most seemingly insignificant details and slips of the tounge lol , so here's how I found out and confirmed it....

Back when Adam was on the HYOH pod cast, he very nonchalantly and casually slipped it into the conversation that he was working on a prototype. Fast forward a few months to this past November when Harry any I were emailing back and forth to design my minus 10° Incubator/Burrow set, I jokingly ( but intentionally) said something like " Man, I can't wait to get these new quilts to go with all the other HG gear I have. My wife is gonna kill me if I get anymore , but I wish you guys had a hammock because I'm gonna need to replace my XLC soon due to the damage from the " raccoon incident of '16 " lol ". When he responded to the email, at the very bottom he wrote something along the lines of " don't replace that hammock just yet, you might get your wish sooner than you think. "

If I was sure of a HG hammock before, I was after that! So I kept it in the back of my brain all winter and one day not too long ago, I got an email from Dave Canterbury that he came out with a " how to use a Marlin Spike Hitch" YouTube video, and since I sub his channel I clicked and started watching. The camera was set up so one tree was on the right of the frame , he was pretty much taking up the whole right side and middle, but a whoopie came from the hammock he had set up out of frame on the left, into the frame and over to the tree strap/toggle he was using to demo how to tie the MSH. While explaining what all he had set up/ what you would need to use a MSH , he said something like " this is a whoopie sling, it's a self tightening, Chinese finger trap type rope that's made from very strong dyneema type cordage. I have it connected to my HAMMOCK GEAR. COM HAMMOCK..... " . When i heard that my ears perked up and I first thought he must have misspoke, HG didn't have a hammock, he must have ment hammock from HF.net, or something like that. But, being the sluth that I am lol, I instantly pm'd him and flat out asked if he did indeed have a hammock from Adam @ HG to which his response was " YES, he set him a prototype to use, test and tryout etc. " I also asked what it was like, but didn't expect an answer and didn't get one either lol.

So now Adam, Harry and Dave Canterbury had all said HG is either designing, prototyping, making and now testing a HG hammock. But, I still wanted to be totally sure , so 3 weeks ago when I ordered my new Burrow, I had also bought one for my wife. Mine was in stock but hers needed to be made to order. I emailed Harry to see if he could ship mine now since its already made. I'm my email I mentioned what I heard and saw in Dave's video and If he really did have one of the soon to be first ever HG hammocks to which he also replied " Yes, Adam semt him one since they are pretty good friends etc, and it should be ready by this fall ". So , I'd take that as an overwhelming YES, HG is designing a hammock. I don't have any details on it unfortunately other than I can say with 100% confidence that it uses at least 1 whoopie sling lol. I can also say that if it's anything like their quilts, it will be made flawlessly and probably be pretty cool. So I now have a dilemma : replace my XLC now with either a new XLC 2.0 or a Chameleon and don't get the HG since my XLC damage is getting worse OR hang on on till fall to get the HG OR replace the XLC now AND buy the HG when it comes out lol. I like options 2 & 3 the best but my wife and wallet don't like any of them.... And if I go with # 3, I might end up in it full time, outside, waiting to be served with divorce papers lol. But man, I can't wait to see what it's gonna be like!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    (see my link above) or just skip the thread and go to http://www.hammockgear.com/hammocks

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    (see my link above) or just skip the thread and go to http://www.hammockgear.com/hammocks
    I think you just blew Chesapeake’s mind! Hopefully he didn’t have a heart attack 🤣

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Mind blown.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    they look nice, can't wait for a netted version hopefully next!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12