Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    How cheap do you want to go? Try vipon.com and search "hammocks". They are not from the cottage vendors but they are available for under $10. They are actually sold by Amazon and vipon gives coupon codes. http://www.vipon.com

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    Lmao katie was barely confident enough to lay in it as you see. She was panicked that she would fall!!! Her time in the hammock lasted about 30 seconds after I snapped 2 pictures before she was saying HOW DO I GET OUT I AM STUCK!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    She looks quite mortified! Lol!!!

Sent from a furniture shop in Maine
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Bear Butt - yeah, it looks promising, yet also looks like the 4 dozen or so other "makes" on amazon that are all priced and look to be about the same. Shouldn't have to dig for specs, but that's just not how these things are typically listed. I got an 11' hammock with 2" straps for cheap on amazon as a gift for my niece going off to college, but I don't see that one listed anymore. I personally wouldn't buy these for camping unless I was just looking for the cheapest deal, and even then with what's out there on amazon, its a risk. Bear Butt seems like a good buy, but my brain turns off and I click away when I see the words "two person hammock". Doesn't help that they specifically say to tie the rope around the trees.

Spending a little more for a real camping hammock and tarp is a much better deal to me. As far as a fully equipped (loops & ridgeline) hammock goes, about the cheapest I see out there is the BIAS Hiker Lite.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    She looks quite mortified! Lol!!!

Sent from a furniture shop in Maine
    She really was. I was trying to prove a point to her that she was NOT falling out, and gave her a bit of a slight swing

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    Bear Butt - yeah, it looks promising, yet also looks like the 4 dozen or so other "makes" on amazon that are all priced and look to be about the same. Shouldn't have to dig for specs, but that's just not how these things are typically listed. I got an 11' hammock with 2" straps for cheap on amazon as a gift for my niece going off to college, but I don't see that one listed anymore. I personally wouldn't buy these for camping unless I was just looking for the cheapest deal, and even then with what's out there on amazon, its a risk. Bear Butt seems like a good buy, but my brain turns off and I click away when I see the words "two person hammock". Doesn't help that they specifically say to tie the rope around the trees.

Spending a little more for a real camping hammock and tarp is a much better deal to me. As far as a fully equipped (loops & ridgeline) hammock goes, about the cheapest I see out there is the BIAS Hiker Lite.
    You may not believe it but if both people were smaller....maybe 150 each or less, you could comfortably fit in the bear butt....I am a big gal, and there is literally room for someone else....

That being said I do not think I would put 2 in it other than a little guy like the baby in the pics I posted. 2 adults would be a bit much. But the hammock is huge

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Oh, I believe it. I just don't think its the greatest of ideas, especially for sleeping at night. Now, if you're not camping, not sleeping for 8+ hrs in one, then do whatever you want. Saw two girls lounging opposite from one another reading books in an ENO, thought that was effective use of the two-person idea.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D3...6rL&ref=plSrch

I can tell you these are very well made, not like the cheap ones. Compared to an eno, same quality better price!

Thanks for Direct Link this Hammock seems quite tough and you are right quality is even looking quite good Let me check this thing out properly

Quote Originally Posted by James Fowler View Post
    So has Katie gotten confident enough to try laying in it diagonally? She'd probably be a lot more comfortable. That's really 11' long just for the fabric, not including the loops for hanging it? If so, it looks quite comfy. Although even at 11', in that hammock you might lay flat but you're still gonna LOOK like a banana...

If I'm home while you're driving through to Kissimee this weekend, you're welcome to drop by and try a few other options if you're interested.
    This thing seems quite tall you are right and how comfortable is it? Actually I'm quite new in camping, hammock and all thats why I'm asking such silly question to clear my confusions

Quote Originally Posted by bobamos View Post
    How cheap do you want to go? Try vipon.com and search "hammocks". They are not from the cottage vendors but they are available for under $10. They are actually sold by Amazon and vipon gives coupon codes. http://www.vipon.com
    Near about 10 to 30$? and I'm looking for a cheap and well built hammock well yeah I will have a look on vipon.com as you suggested above
    Thanks for your suggestion

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbelly View Post
    This thing seems quite tall you are right and how comfortable is it? Actually I'm quite new in camping, hammock and all thats why I'm asking such silly question to clear my confusions
    No question is a silly question. I am sure I could have went with a 9ft or 10 ft option, but I wanted the extra space.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast