Hammock
    DH TB, Sparrow, HH, Amok
    Tarp
    Camo SF, UGQ11' WD
    Insulation
    AH UQ+ HG UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    DG Cinch Bugs, BB
    We sleep under one tarp with a spreader bar from Dutch. We love being close at night. It also made my wife fell a little more comfortable. This is the set up. DH sparrow and DH Thunderbird with a UGQ winter Dream tarp, HG quilts, Dutch spreader bar and Dutch Beetle buckles
    IMG_1452.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    None. Get two hammocks. Might be nice for a nap but for sleeping overnight...it does not work. Many have tried including me
    Yeah Due to Less Place There? What about if we use Hammock with more Weight and Height?
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Rouskof View Post
    Clark Vertex or Double V. I have them both, they're awesome. Get the underquilts from Locolibre, not Clark.
    Dead simple to use, and comfortable and cosy.
    Great Have you ever tried any of them? or do you know who had some experience with these Hammocks?
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Quote Originally Posted by m00ch View Post
    I've tried 2 in a WBBB XLC and although we are close sleepers that is just too close. We sleep under one tarp and may or may not use a spreader bar. Even if you don't use a spreader bar it is still comfortable.
    Seems Nice But do you think It is going to be comfortable to spend whole night in there for 2 persons?

Quote Originally Posted by BikecampRu View Post
    We sleep under one tarp with a spreader bar from Dutch. We love being close at night. It also made my wife fell a little more comfortable. This is the set up. DH sparrow and DH Thunderbird with a UGQ winter Dream tarp, HG quilts, Dutch spreader bar and Dutch Beetle buckles
    IMG_1452.jpg
    As I saw answers of Many Experts Recently I don't think so there is any single Hammock for two people but this thing seems nice like using 1 Trap and two different hammock seems more comfortable and Close to each other as well.

Hammock
    GE ; RR ; Vertex ; Tentsile
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbelly View Post
    Great Have you ever tried any of them? or do you know who had some experience with these Hammocks?
    As I said, I own them both, so I use them both, and they are great for two people. There are no "experts" who can say anything against that. These I tried on the field and hiked with them. I am 6' tall, and I sleep comfortably in them.
    Tentsile is another option for two, but much more tricky to hang, and heavier. Clark is fool proof, a much better option than any "double hang" system with spreader bar or not. These double hang systems are instable and not the least congenial IMO.

As I said, I own them both, so I use them both, and they are great for two people. There are no "experts" who can say anything against that. These I tried on the field and hiked with them. I am 6' tall, and I sleep comfortably in them.
    Tentsile is another option for two, but much more tricky to hang, and heavier. Clark is fool proof, a much better option than any "double hang" system with spreader bar or not. These double hang systems are instable and not the least congenial IMO.
    Ohh Got It Thanks for Such a Great Response
    Overall I Decided to use two different hammocks under 1 trap.

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    Tentsile.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Images
    Tentsile is another option for two, but much more tricky to hang, and heavier. Clark is fool proof, a much better option than any "double hang" system with spreader bar or not.
    I'm certainly "no expert", and it's good to get some feedback on the Clark double hammock systems as I haven't seen much about them. Looks like an interesting solution - maybe a bit pricey for a something dedicated to such a specific purpose (I don't have to do a tandem setup with a pair of hammocks) but within the ballpark compared to, say, a pair of Chamelons + tandem kit + tandem bugnet. Might be well worth it if it provides a better experience.

What is the "lay" like in the Vertex? Does it feel more like a pair if gathered end hammocks (and if so, do you get a good "diagonal" lay) or a pair of bridge hammocks (like the RR) or something else? Will it work with regular underquilts?

These double hang systems are instable and not the least congenial IMO.
    My experience differs a bit regarding the congeniality of a tandem hang with spreader bars, although it takes some extra fussing to get things setup properly and even then there are issues. If we lay head opposite (both toward the outside, feet toward the middle) or same direction (diagonals parallel) there's an annoying wall of hammock between us interfering with eye contact. Setting up both with head towards the inside, feet towards the outside reduces that quite a bit - but it also seems to be the worst cast scenario for tarp shape requirements (still working on that). I'm hoping the Double Dutch Bugnet will help with this - it has a "Center Zip" section attaching the inner sides of the two hammocks in a way that vaguely resembles the Vertex - might even get to try it out tonight as my second "Chameleon" (actually a kitsapcowboy clone) should be arriving today.

I wouldn't go so far as to call them instable (for any grammar geeks, "instable" appears to be a legit synonym for "unstable" which is more commonly in "American" English - interesting bit of googling if you're curious). Would you call your RR instable? However I can certainly confirm that in my experience a tandem setup with a spreader bar is less stable than a normally hung GE hammock. I have a few ideas on improving that, but I'm not wildly optimistic. Second hanger getting in to or out of their hammock isn't bad, but getting in or out when the other side is empty feels a bit wobbly - and both raises the other side and causes the opposite end of the spreader bar to tilt up quite a bit, which when combined can be bad news if you pitch your tarp too low over the head end. Personally, I see these more as minor challenges than problems - issues well worth addressing given the benefits of hanging close to someone you enjoy being close to.

Hammock
    GE ; RR ; Vertex ; Tentsile
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by James Fowler View Post
    I'm certainly "no expert", and it's good to get some feedback on the Clark double hammock systems as I haven't seen much about them. Looks like an interesting solution - maybe a bit pricey for a something dedicated to such a specific purpose (I don't have to do a tandem setup with a pair of hammocks) but within the ballpark compared to, say, a pair of Chamelons + tandem kit + tandem bugnet. Might be well worth it if it provides a better experience.

What is the "lay" like in the Vertex? Does it feel more like a pair if gathered end hammocks (and if so, do you get a good "diagonal" lay) or a pair of bridge hammocks (like the RR) or something else? Will it work with regular underquilts?

My experience differs a bit regarding the congeniality of a tandem hang with spreader bars, although it takes some extra fussing to get things setup properly and even then there are issues. If we lay head opposite (both toward the outside, feet toward the middle) or same direction (diagonals parallel) there's an annoying wall of hammock between us interfering with eye contact. Setting up both with head towards the inside, feet towards the outside reduces that quite a bit - but it also seems to be the worst cast scenario for tarp shape requirements (still working on that). I'm hoping the Double Dutch Bugnet will help with this - it has a "Center Zip" section attaching the inner sides of the two hammocks in a way that vaguely resembles the Vertex - might even get to try it out tonight as my second "Chameleon" (actually a kitsapcowboy clone) should be arriving today.

I wouldn't go so far as to call them instable (for any grammar geeks, "instable" appears to be a legit synonym for "unstable" which is more commonly in "American" English - interesting bit of googling if you're curious). Would you call your RR instable? However I can certainly confirm that in my experience a tandem setup with a spreader bar is less stable than a normally hung GE hammock. I have a few ideas on improving that, but I'm not wildly optimistic. Second hanger getting in to or out of their hammock isn't bad, but getting in or out when the other side is empty feels a bit wobbly - and both raises the other side and causes the opposite end of the spreader bar to tilt up quite a bit, which when combined can be bad news if you pitch your tarp too low over the head end. Personally, I see these more as minor challenges than problems - issues well worth addressing given the benefits of hanging close to someone you enjoy being close to.
    I see you have a pretty good experience of this type of double set up, and you perceive my objections fully.
    By the term "not the least congenial", I meant "not congenial at all", maybe my phrasing conveys the opposite meaning, sorry about that.

No diagonal lay in the Vertex, as far as I am concerned, or very little, but the fabric is stiff and you are not too bent in this hammock. I find it comfortable, and very cosy for two. It is fun to hang in a Vertex ! Normal underquilts would work ok, but the best thing is to order tailored ones from Locolibre, who designed specific underquilts for the Vertex. The lay has nothing to do with a bridge, and not much with usual gathered ends either, I would say. Probably it is close to the one in single person Clark hammocks, but I do not own one, so I cannot guarantee.
    Anyway, I love the Vertex. I think it is an amazing hammock, totally unique, which cannot compare with this collection of bits put together to create the "double hang" thing. Not a fan of this arcane construction, where things can fall in between the two hammocks, and you can hit your tarp, or stumble upon your neighbor at night. Did I mention that you can roll to your neighbor's side in the Vertex or invite a child in the middle section ?
    Last edited by Rouskof; 05-04-2018 at 14:25.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast