Hammock
    Chameleon & 11' Netless
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 12
    Insulation
    UGQ & Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Various
    The biggest thing I LOVE about the Winter Dream is when coupled with the optional interior end pole mods.... you have fully unsupported (no extra trekking poles or sticks required) porch mode and can be back down to oh'shite mode for a storm in seconds w/o leaving the tarp. I use Dutch Fleaz at the 4 corners for quick adjustments and conversion from porch to hunker down mode. Cat cuts on the top and sides are awesome. 4 stakes and you are good to go.

For me.... this interior end pole mod option is much more useful than exterior pole mods because of the ability to go to porch mode w/o supporting poles...

21768827_1851430348204595_3100633182083009700_o.jpg17493205_1632275543453411_2311794228542423425_o (1).jpg

Hammock
    Custom 12’ SLD Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    Bandit/Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Us5Camp View Post
    Cat cuts on the top and sides are awesome. 4 stakes and you are good to go.
    I thought a cat cut on the ridgeline makes it not good for porch mode?

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    I thought a cat cut on the ridgeline makes it not good for porch mode?
    Nah, porch mode is pretty much unrelated to a cat cut ridgeline.

Also, SLD and Wilderness Logics offer interior pole mods, too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Many Fly's
    Insulation
    HG/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    The biggest thing I LOVE about the Winter Dream is when coupled with the optional interior end pole mods.... you have fully unsupported (no extra trekking poles or sticks required) porch mode and can be back down to oh'shite mode for a storm in seconds w/o leaving the tarp. I use Dutch Fleaz at the 4 corners for quick adjustments and conversion from porch to hunker down mode. Cat cuts on the top and sides are awesome. 4 stakes and you are good to go.

For me.... this interior end pole mod option is much more useful than exterior pole mods because of the ability to go to porch mode w/o supporting poles...

21768827_1851430348204595_3100633182083009700_o.jpg17493205_1632275543453411_2311794228542423425_o (1).jpg
    That is one nice setup. Do the inner poles criss-cross? I've asked DannyRosa about his, do you happen to know your tarps total weight? I am really starting to get the itch for one of these for next winter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I see the poles int pics better on laptop.

Hammock
    Chameleon & 11' Netless
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 12
    Insulation
    UGQ & Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameth View Post
    That is one nice setup. Do the inner poles criss-cross? I've asked DannyRosa about his, do you happen to know your tarps total weight? I am really starting to get the itch for one of these for next winter.

Sorry, I see the poles int pics better on laptop.
    The Winter Dream 12 - Sil-Poly is 20oz.. the 2 end poles total another 16oz. Plenty light enough for the canoe camping I do. You can always leave the poles at home of you need to cut weight. I've used it this way many times as well.... sometimes on accident forgetting my poles at home

The end pole setup as you may have seen on your laptop run from side to side on the same end of the tarp. There's a length of small bungeee that hooks out to the ridge-line end of the same end of the tarp that keeps them upright.

Why wait for winter? There's not a better, easier porch-mode than this tarp (or others like it) !!!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Many Fly's
    Insulation
    HG/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    The Winter Dream 12 - Sil-Poly is 20oz.. the 2 end poles total another 16oz. Plenty light enough for the canoe camping I do. You can always leave the poles at home of you need to cut weight. I've used it this way many times as well.... sometimes on accident forgetting my poles at home

The end pole setup as you may have seen on your laptop run from side to side on the same end of the tarp. There's a length of small bungeee that hooks out to the ridge-line end of the same end of the tarp that keeps them upright.

Why wait for winter? There's not a better, easier porch-mode than this tarp (or others like it) !!!
    Haha, because I just ordered a WB Mountainfly. But, you're right about the kayaking, aaaaaand we do have 5 day paddle down the Suwannee planned for October. Maybe I could get it "pre"winter.