Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Dutch’s pillow is synthetic, not quite wide enough and the fabric doesn’t breathe enough. It takes a moment to get the air out of it, which is annoying. I don’t see down option on Dutch’s site, nor any other fabric or size options. You would need to request something custom to get what I would like.

I’ve tried the S2S Aeros pillows, didn’t like the shape. The middle wasn’t recessed enough. I’ve tried the large Klymit X pillow and that was pretty nice because it has a nice dimple in the center and it’s wide.

I really like Warbonnet’s down pillow. It’s a great shape. It’s dense too, which is important for a down pillow.

My top choice would be a GooseFeet Gear Med with 3.5 oz down in a high contrast (for visibility) 10d fabric.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    HG CUBEN TARP
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies / CRL
    I’ve tried the inflatable ones. It’s better than nothing but I didn’t really care for it.

The HammockGear down pillow is awesome. Very comfortable and forms well to you. It can be a bit noisy to me though. If I lay my head to the side so my ear is against it I hear every little move and creak between the hammock and pillow fabrics. But once I am asleep I don’t notice it.

My main pillow I use while hiking is my Outdoor Research down vest. It stuffs into and zips up in its own hand pocket. I’m left with a square of down that makes a really good pillow once I flatten it out. It even has a little loop sewn on that I attach via shock cord to my ridgeline the same way as the HG pillow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I never thought I would bother with a pillow after just using a sack with clothes. It worked, but having an actual pillow is much much nicer. I think I sleep better just because of it. The Simply Light Designs pillow is great for $17.90. I measured 4.15oz and it packs really well. The HyperD material is perfect for this IMO.

Hammock
    Chameleon 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG DCF w/ doors
    Insulation
    Various HG and LL
    Suspension
    Poyester straps
    I bought a cheap, inflatable pillow from Amazon that I like quite a bit. It's definitely more comfortable for me to have a pillow than not to have one.

My only complaint is that the pillow doesn't allow my skin to breathe, and gets slightly damp—even in cold weather.

I've seriously thought about getting one of the Hammock Gear down pillows to see if they breathe better. Not sure why I haven't placed the order yet...

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12 & WD13
    Insulation
    UGQ, HG
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I have tried several premade pillows, and although found a couple to be just OK, I just made my own with a dog bone shape. The center cradles my neck well, and the sides are a little wider for sides of head.
    I also put fleece on one side for cooler use, and Argon 90 on the other for warm nights. I tried it out over the weekend, and very happy.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    I have a Klymit X pillow and like it pretty well. No insulation but I have a 2QZQ fleece pillowcase hat. I like the X shape - I don't have to take out my pony tail. I put two breaths into it, put it under my head then let some air out until it feels right.

Hammock
    DIY Orange Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dyneema+Becket
    Hah, I was just looking into pillow options yesterday!

I currently have a Sea to Summit Aeros which is very comfortable, especially when used on a pad. However, due to the natural curvature of the hammock it's a bit too thick when used while hanging. I can deflate it down to a comfortable level, but this makes it very floppy and it's easy for it to fall out of the hammock if I'm not careful.

I'm interested in down pillows, but I really want to try them before I buy. I'll probably end up wadding up a puffy and seeing how well that does and trying to estimate how much pillow I'd need to get a similar effect.

It sounds crazy, but I've got a butt pad that I use on my motorcycle. It's just a piece of sheep skin, and it makes the perfect hammock pillow. Warm, soft, not too thick.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteyF View Post
    It sounds crazy, but I've got a butt pad that I use on my motorcycle. It's just a piece of sheep skin, and it makes the perfect hammock pillow. Warm, soft, not too thick.
    Oh, I noticed that works well too. Especially with the one I use:

TETON Sports ComfortLite Self Inflating Seat Cushion Self Inflatable
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009L1MXE0..._SSG6Ab0PD90ED

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast