DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF Stnd + WP
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Another vote for the Nite Ize Moonlit. It stays on my ridgeline and my head stays on my head. I have a Lucie Light but only use it when car camping.... so rarely.

Sent from somewhere east of Montauk...
    * The difficulty of finding any given trail marker is directly proportional to the importance of the consequences of failing to find it.

* I can lift all the weight I want at the gym. Walking shouldn't be a workout. ~ Just Bill

I also just bought this little guy to keep in my murse, it's got a wonderful moonlight mode, as well as a blinding high mode (1000 lumens!), is super tiny, and the clip would work perfectly for a ridgeline. If anyone's in the market for a small flashlight, I can't recommend this guy enough. (OOS at this website, can be found elsewhere)

https://darksucks.com/products/mini-mk-ii

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex fly
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/Strap
    Images
    DutchWare has a small light that has 1 led in it. About the size of your thumb. Puts out plenty for a ridge line light. I keep my headlamp with me in case I have to get out @ night. They are a good price so I got a half dozen of them. 2 for me & 1 for each of the 4 Grandboys.

Hammock
    DangerBird
    Tarp
    CG Hex | HouseFly
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckle/Strap
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteyF View Post
    I also just bought this little guy to keep in my murse, it's got a wonderful moonlight mode, as well as a blinding high mode (1000 lumens!), is super tiny, and the clip would work perfectly for a ridgeline. If anyone's in the market for a small flashlight, I can't recommend this guy enough. (OOS at this website, can be found elsewhere)

https://darksucks.com/products/mini-mk-ii
    I love my Foursevens light and was practically heart broken when they sold out to Prometheus. It also looks like I missed out on the Mini MK II as Prometheus is liquidating stock *just ordered the Mini Turbo MK II so I don't miss out again* I do not use my Foursevens light in the hammock though, even on low it's just too bright.
    Last edited by 87warrior; 05-08-2018 at 15:41.
    Adventure is worthwhile in itself -Amelia Earhart

Quote Originally Posted by 87warrior View Post
    I love my Foursevens light and was practically heart broken when they sold out to Prometheus. It also looks like I missed out on the Mini MK II as Prometheus is liquidating stock *just ordered the Mini Turbo MK II so I don't miss out again* I do not use my Foursevens light in the hammock though, even on low it's just too bright.
    I got mine on ebay, with the charger and battery for about $45 I think. There's still old stock hanging around.

Does yours not have moonlight? I have mine set to ML-L-M-H, the moonlight is VERY dim, and in fact they say battery life is 19 days (yes DAYS) in ML mode.

Hammock
    DangerBird
    Tarp
    CG Hex | HouseFly
    Insulation
    HG Econ
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckle/Strap
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteyF View Post
    Does yours not have moonlight? I have mine set to ML-L-M-H, the moonlight is VERY dim, and in fact they say battery life is 19 days (yes DAYS) in ML mode.
    No moonlight on my trusty Foursevens. I don't recall the model of the light since I picked it up 9 years ago. It has one configuration L-M-H-Strobe-SOS and uses two AA batteries that I replace annually.
    Adventure is worthwhile in itself -Amelia Earhart

Hammock
    Chameleon 2.4
    Tarp
    WB Mini/Super Flys
    Insulation
    LL Reaper&WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Beetle/Dyneema/15'
    Quote Originally Posted by McBlaster View Post
    You know its just a matter of time before Dutch or RSBTR offers glow in the dark options to all of their fabrics. I'm calling it now.
    That's why I put these crazy ideas out there. Somebody might think they are not so crazy . . . and suddenly my wallet gets smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by 87warrior View Post
    No moonlight on my trusty Foursevens. I don't recall the model of the light since I picked it up 9 years ago. It has one configuration L-M-H-Strobe-SOS and uses two AA batteries that I replace annually.
    Allow me to spend 43 of your dollars for you :-) Purchased from this guy a few months ago, get one while you still can (the included charger is also very neat).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/foursevens-...0AAOSwI8laNr99

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I love my trusty old 4 sevens that I have used daily for several years now.Set mine up for med and high as I don't like surfing thru settings.What I take on the trail is the model 66218 Streamlight Stylus Pro 360 pen light bot off Amazon.It has a unique feature that allows it to be in lamp mode or beam mode.Light weight,plenty of light,use AAA's so it's compatible with my Princeton Tech headlamp.

Tip-some reflective tape on your hiking poles and food bag will help you locate your hammock and food pretty fast in the dark.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Night use moon lit

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast