Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fsupaintball View Post
    FYI Melanzana is allegedly reopening their site for online orders within a week or so.
    Good to know...but, at this point, I'm totally committed to an homage.

Quote Originally Posted by Strex View Post
    I'd rather not go off topic here, but I'm unfamiliar with Melanzana, is it just a clothing store?

Also @Wanderlost I got bored at werk, and decided to make a map/route/gpx for the trail you listed above, looks like a nice trip, I might have to plan a trip myself! https://caltopo.com/m/TSL8
    Melanzana (http://melanzana.com/)is an outdoor clothing store in Leadville, CO. They make all their gear in house. Their micro grid fleeces are awesome, IMO. Some think their overpriced Gucci crap.

Thanks for the compliments on the route. I decided on that instead of the big loop simply because I knew I didn't have time for the full 30ish miles (not the fastest hiker), and it would be easier (in my crazy thinking) to make it an out and back if I don't make my goals first day...of course, I have every intention of being able to walk 7-8 miles in 10 hours. :LOL:

Total side thought. I've been on here for years and just now figured out the multiquote button.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Kind of bumping an old thread of mine as I'm starting to do my big planning. My planned route changed slightly since I'm going to be doing some ham radio summit work at Lake Park Peak and Tarryall Peak. How reliable are water sources in Lost Creek? Namely, the creek running through Hankins Pass and Lake Park. Do they tend to dry up in late summer?

New Routing:

Day 1: Goose Creek TH ->Hankins Pass Trail -> Hankins Pass -> Lake Park Trail -> Night 1 in the saddle area below Lake Park Peak. 5.71ish miles
    Day 2: Bushwhack to Lake Park Peak and do a Summits on the Air (SOTA) Activation for a couple hours -> Lake Park Trail (N) to near Tarryall Peak -> Bushwhack the tenth of the mile to the peak for SOTA activation of Tarryall Peak for a couple hours -> Reverse course to saddle area below Lake Park Peak -> Night 2 near (or at) same location as first night (Day 2 may wind up being a day pack trip and not breaking camp...not sure, since I like having my stuff and I know weather can creep up fast)
    Day 3: Reverse day 1 course and head back out to the Goose Creek TH.
    73 de W4BKR

...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    I can't answer your question but you should take a look at this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultralight/...oop_june_1920/

Recent trip report, and at the end he has ideas about how he'd rather construct the route "next time"
    Last edited by QFT; 07-02-2018 at 11:51.

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by QFT View Post
    I can's answer your question but you should take a look at this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ultralight/...oop_june_1920/

Recent trip report, and at the end he has ideas about how he'd rather construct the route "next time"
    Thanks! That is actually immensely helpful. It tells me about what I feared about the water situation. I'm going to be humping a fair amount of water with me..
    73 de W4BKR