Thread: Zipper tabs

Zipper tabs

Howdy - I’m trying to put four zipper tabs on a piece of coil zipper attached to my hammock how do you place four so that you can open and close the hammock on both sides! TIA

The only way I know to do it is to have two independent zippers, one zipper on each side with two pulls per zipper. I can imagine getting three pulls on a zipper, but not how to do four since the "middle" pulls would have to cross over each other on installation. Maybe there's a clever way to do it by snipping some teeth off in the middle of the zipper where it would be up in the peak of the hammock which would give you an entry point for installing the middle zippers, but honestly I'd just use two zippers and accept the benefit of a fully removable net.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

I found a video of papa smurf Showing how it’s done. I’ll post a photo later it’s a bit tricky but makes the coil zipper far more appealing being able to exit and enter from both sides!

Sounds interesting.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by virorum View Post
    I found a video of papa smurf Showing how it’s done. I’ll post a photo later it’s a bit tricky but makes the coil zipper far more appealing being able to exit and enter from both sides!

I guess I've never tried to back one down, but good to know that it's possible!

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    This is actually a feature I have never attempted to DIY, although I appreciate it on some of my vendor-made hammocks.

I watched this video twice, and its link here is appreciated. I am still a bit in the dark.

So, basically, just manhandle 'em on there in the appropriate orientation as needed?

I feel like I am (and others might be) missing some nuance. Perhaps the blues was an appropriate soundtrack...

Thanks in advance for any further light that can be shed on the details of this technique.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    DIY Bic bridge, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    I don't think there is as much muscle required as fiddling. Start with putting it on one side first (like on the video), and then do the other side. When you get the teeth to mesh up correctly they go on smooth. Sometimes I get them to mesh up quickly and other times I seem to fiddle with it long enough to get mildly annoyed. Don't worry about keeping the ends of the zipper even... actually it is easier if you don't (like in the video). Just cut (hot knife works on coil zippers too, just go slower than you would with fabric) the zipper ends off so they are even after you get the pulls on.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

No it’s actslly really easy.

The zipper must be zipped together before attempting to back one on. You sorta have to get it on there just enough so that when you pull it apart it goes through the zipper and separates. PapaSmurf just makes it look easy took me about 10 minutes before I got it on correctly. Once the tab is on you gently peal the zipper apart so it goes through the two sides of the zipper key. Takes a few tries but once the method clicks it’s very easy

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post

Thanks for posting

• + New Posts