Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just want one

Quote Originally Posted by UltraRunner View Post
    I would go ahead and get the Chameleon in a hexon 1.6

It's the tarp that's going to protect the hammock and note that SilPoly or a Hexon tarp are better in the Sun than SilNylon.
    My Hennessy diamond tarp from xp has deteriorated so much it’s like it’s been in acid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by McBlaster View Post
    I am a customer of tier gear , I got my tq/uq set from him , the advantage there is I can send him weekly payments until I hit the target and by that time it’s my turn in the que

Do you think there hammock is similar to a chameleon?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshD View Post
    My Hennessy diamond tarp from xp has deteriorated so much it’s like it’s been in acid

Same, mine only was the HH monsoon tarp, although it had been used set up full time....... Around about 6months the uv got to it, it was peppered with small holes then not long after it got hit by hailstones the size of golf balls.... shredded!

Just waiting for one of Dutch's large asym tarps to replace the HH asym, l like the simplicity of the asym and Dutch's asym looks to have some extra adjustments for better coverage in just a few easy steps.

A dream hammock sparrow might be worth eyeballing, just saying, this depending on your requirments check the comparisons side by side over the Chameleon.

The Chameleon has some very nice features...

I am a customer of tier gear , I got my tq/uq set from him , the advantage there is I can send him weekly payments until I hit the target and by that time it’s my turn in the que

Do you think there hammock is similar to a chameleon?

Simons make great hammocks, he has made me a few, The Goshawk can be made with a TC that is nice for the winter. I retro fit mine with a peak shelf, this was made by Jared at SLD he makes some cool stuff or add ons he has made me a zip loft bag and some other great gear.
    But as far as a modular hammock system goes the Chameleon, BBXLC or dream hammocks and then SLD trail lair have most of what are more of the add ons.
    But yeah tier gears Goshawk hammock is nice and comfortable, Simon has made me many custom stuff, tarps and a bunch of very cool gear, nice quilts to!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbo View Post
    Simons make great hammocks, he has made me a few, The Goshawk can be made with a TC that is nice for the winter. I retro fit mine with a peak shelf, this was made by Jared at SLD he makes some cool stuff or add ons he has made me a zip loft bag and some other great gear.
    But as far as a modular hammock system goes the Chameleon, BBXLC or dream hammocks and then SLD trail lair have most of what are more of the add ons.
    But yeah tier gears Goshawk hammock is nice and comfortable, Simon has made me many custom stuff, tarps and a bunch of very cool gear, nice quilts to!
    I thought the goshawk was only a mozzie cover , did you get a custom top cover made or something, I have been talking to him about making a gosh’i with a winter cover in place of the mozzie cover
    Who’s SLD ?
    And what’s a peak shelf ?

I thought the goshawk was only a mozzie cover , did you get a custom top cover made or something, I have been talking to him about making a gosh’i with a winter cover in place of the mozzie cover
    Who’s SLD ?
    And what’s a peak shelf ?

Nah, I don't believe my top cover was custom..... Simon would probable make you one, l just don't think he puts all things up on his website.

The top cover sits over the top of the bug net. Each end has two shoe lace ties that simply lace around the suspension to keep each end in place. Basically it is the shape of the hammock bug net only a little oversized, it has four tie outs matching the hammock tie outs, it doesn't zip on, ocasinally l will anchor it to the ground when gusty, but it does a great job just laying over the bug net, defiantly keeps your own heat in, as l have it placed on now.

SLD is simply light designs and Jared is a cottage vender from the states, check out his site. l asked for a peak loft shelf that basically is a storage shelf that is fitted at the hammock foot or head end attached to the ridge line, l retro fitted this too my Goshawk as well as a zip bag for my boots, just some of the added gear Jared puts together for hammocks, he too has great hammocks.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Depends on season
    Suspension
    Beatle Buckles
    I get excited anytime i order something from DUTCH.. LOL

Yeah even a bag of clips and bugs is exciting From Dutch

Hammock
    Dutch 11' single Hexon1.6
    Tarp
    UGQ WD11
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    DW Cinch Buckle
    Maybe the OP can arrange some capital and become the exclusive distributor for DW products in Aussie Land! That way he would have access to all of the new stuff that Dutch dreams up.

Just a thought.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12