DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    The only difficulty I faced with gluing the panel pulls it getting them in precisely the same spot on both sides. They aren't...

If the tarp is hung from the ridge only, with the sides draped down and touching each other, you can see through the material and easily tell the placement is a little off. This happened on both of my tarps. Frankly, I don't care. They are off by about a half inch. Once it's staked out, there's no way to tell they are positioned different and it doesn't impact performance in any way. Just sayin...
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    The only difficulty I faced with gluing the panel pulls it getting them in precisely the same spot on both sides. They aren't...

If the tarp is hung from the ridge only, with the sides draped down and touching each other, you can see through the material and easily tell the placement is a little off. This happened on both of my tarps. Frankly, I don't care. They are off by about a half inch. Once it's staked out, there's no way to tell they are positioned different and it doesn't impact performance in any way. Just sayin...
    The key is measurement ! Get a sewing pencil from the sewing department at walmart, it will wash out easily and wont damage the material!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post

Another approach, if the material is somewhat see through, is to do one side at a time. Then you can lay one side over the other to align the panel pulls on top of each other. (or at least mark off where the second side panel pulls should be attached)

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    The key is measurement ! Get a sewing pencil from the sewing department at walmart, it will wash out easily and wont damage the material!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks.. I have a handful of various marking tools all of which work fine. I can't lie... getting the patches in exactly the same spot wasn't a priority. I dare anyone to tell there is a difference once the tarp is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Tate View Post
    Another approach, if the material is somewhat see through, is to do one side at a time. Then you can lay one side over the other to align the panel pulls on top of each other. (or at least mark off where the second side panel pulls should be attached)
    Yup.. had I had time to do them individually this is how I would have done them. I was doing four of them at once.. one on each panel of two tarps. 1.0 Silpoly, so yes.. transparent enough. If the silnet isn't completely cured when you stack the panels, it will leave snail trails all over the silpoly. And that you would see every time the tarp is deployed. I didn't have the luxury of leaving the tarps spread out for dry time x 4.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12