Hammock
    UKH Woodsman XL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UQ TQ=salvaged SB
    Suspension
    Straps,rings + diy

WA>Anywhere from Mt Rainier to Stevens Pass>6/24-26 - Any interest?

Turns out that I've unexpectedly got a few days free from Sunday - Tuesday 6/24-26. I'm feeling the need to get out in the woods, but my usual cohorts can't make these days work. If anyone else is available and interested, I'm happy to pull together whatever I can and am willing to travel anywhere within a 3 hr radius of Seattle. I'm primarily thinking of car camping for the moment, but I can be flexible if, someone has a better plan in mind.

And even if you can't make it, but have suggestions for a great spot that can be pulled off with so little lead time in western WA, please share your thoughts. I'm all ears.

Hang loose... just not too loose.
    “Perhaps it’s my natural pessimism, but it seems that an awfully large part of travel these days is to see things while you still can.”
    •Bill Bryson, In a Sunburned Country

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    I am interested in your proposal and it might be doable on my part. I don't really have any ideas as to where to go though. I don't know the area well. But I am an experienced hiker. I am down for a hike, or just old man camping in our hammocks and poking sticks in the fire as well.
    Last edited by mugs; 06-12-2018 at 08:07.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    UKH Woodsman XL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UQ TQ=salvaged SB
    Suspension
    Straps,rings + diy
    Great to hear it, Mugs. I'm not really familiar with many of the local options either, which is part of my motivation. I'm game for some hiking as well, but I can't claim to be experienced or in the condition for a full-on trek. To that end, I'm thinking of something like the Denny Creek campground, which still has a few camp sites available and is within a short distance of a selection of hikes. An additional pro & con is that it's just off of I-90, so it should be easy to reach.

I'm also fine with just old-man camping, tending the fire and hanging around trading stories, recipes, etc.

Any thoughts?
    “Perhaps it’s my natural pessimism, but it seems that an awfully large part of travel these days is to see things while you still can.”
    •Bill Bryson, In a Sunburned Country

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by UKNoob View Post
    Great to hear it, Mugs. I'm not really familiar with many of the local options either, which is part of my motivation. I'm game for some hiking as well, but I can't claim to be experienced or in the condition for a full-on trek. To that end, I'm thinking of something like the Denny Creek campground, which still has a few camp sites available and is within a short distance of a selection of hikes. An additional pro & con is that it's just off of I-90, so it should be easy to reach.

I'm also fine with just old-man camping, tending the fire and hanging around trading stories, recipes, etc.

Any thoughts?
    UKNoob...I Pm'd you. Cheers
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

• + New Posts