Hammock
    diy gath'd end w/ KM, diy PH whip't
    Tarp
    12' henessy
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ and UQP
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie - msh
    My CRL is first to go up and last to come down. I store the "fig'd -8" CRL on top of the furled tarp in the tarp sack. And I use elastic hair-ties instead of skins. The tarp sack lives in the top of my pack..... seems to work for me.
    Sailing, ham radio (qrp), linux, diy hammock stuff...
    www.qsl.net/wa4chq/godspeed.html
    www.qsl.net/wa4chq/radio.html

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spider 2.0+hugger
    I carry Two CRL's.One stays in the stuff sack.I figure 8 it to keep it from getting all tangled up.The other CRL is in a waistbelt pocket and serves as a backup/clothes line in case I want to hang something or drape my poncho over it while taking a break.

After having my stakes and suspension pop out of my side pocket because I thot it was binered on but wasn't,I have rethought what is carried where.No shelter items are carried outside,tied on or not.They all are in deep space,either inside the pack or the stretch pocket on the back of the Circuit.And the hammock and suspension ride in the same stuff sack although the suspension is in its own bag in the stuff sack to keep the hammock dry.I also have all the items in the stretch pocket in an odor/water proof bag so if one item gets lost it would all have to get lost.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Jungle
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Revelation/Gemini
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    One man's system: I use a CRL, keep it attached. Store it in a single sleeve. When I take it down I tie the loose ends in a figure eight and tuck them in the sleeve end pockets. Makes setup and take down a breeze!
    Exactly what I do as well. Much less to keep track of: CRL and tarp are in a single snake skin, stakes are in a separate bag.

Hammock
    DIY Options
    Tarp
    DIY Options
    Insulation
    HG | CDT
    Suspension
    Yes.. too many
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    I carry Two CRL's.One stays in the stuff sack.I figure 8 it to keep it from getting all tangled up.The other CRL is in a waistbelt pocket and serves as a backup/clothes line in case I want to hang something or drape my poncho over it while taking a break.

After having my stakes and suspension pop out of my side pocket because I thot it was binered on but wasn't,I have rethought what is carried where.No shelter items are carried outside,tied on or not.They all are in deep space,either inside the pack or the stretch pocket on the back of the Circuit.And the hammock and suspension ride in the same stuff sack although the suspension is in its own bag in the stuff sack to keep the hammock dry.I also have all the items in the stretch pocket in an odor/water proof bag so if one item gets lost it would all have to get lost.

Interesting.. You've given me reason to rethink how I am storing my kit. I have multiple tarps and now multiple hammocks. Rather than have multiple RL's and suspension setups, I keep all the suspension, stakes and RL's in a roll, in the side pack pocket with filtration kit, water bottle, tarp pole and camp chair (if taking them). It seems easier to grab one tarp (goes in stretch pocket) and one hammock (goes in pack liner bag.. last item in) and the suspension roll and know I have everything. Still a good idea in my mind, but I may keep the suspention roll in the stretch pocket rather than side pocket. Or maybe add a biner as you mention.

You wonder why I love to sleep alone, in the woods, in a hammock.. I wonder why you don't...

Hammock
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spider 2.0+hugger
    Everybody has their own system that works for them but I hope nobody gets that sickening feeling in the gutt like I did when you realize your suspension and stakes popped out of a side pocket for whatever reason and now you don't have it.By putting a liner sack in my ULA Circuit stretch pocket there's no way I could lose anything out of it unless everything disappears.

My cook kit,fuel,first aid,trowel etc still ride in a side pocket but I am always sure to biner them on before shouldering the pack.

Hammock
    diy gath'd end w/ KM, diy PH whip't
    Tarp
    12' henessy
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ and UQP
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie - msh
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Everybody has their own system that works for them but I hope nobody gets that sickening feeling in the gutt like I did when you realize your suspension and stakes popped out of a side pocket for whatever reason and now you don't have it.By putting a liner sack in my ULA Circuit stretch pocket there's no way I could lose anything out of it unless everything disappears.

My cook kit,fuel,first aid,trowel etc still ride in a side pocket but I am always sure to biner them on before shouldering the pack.
    I like the idea of the liner in the stretch pocket....is it just a large stuff sack?? Tnx for the tip!
    Sailing, ham radio (qrp), linux, diy hammock stuff...
    www.qsl.net/wa4chq/godspeed.html
    www.qsl.net/wa4chq/radio.html

Hammock
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spider 2.0+hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by wa4chq View Post
    I like the idea of the liner in the stretch pocket....is it just a large stuff sack?? Tnx for the tip!
    It's a water/odor proof bag from LiteSmith.Measures 20x37 weighs 1oz.Comes in a bag of 3.Very handy and surprisingly durable.