Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Another superfky question (sorry)

OK - from all I've gleaned from this forum, I've decided to get the superfly. As I won't be hiking the weight is not a factor plus I like the idea of one tarp that covers most of the bases. My hammock is a 11' Chameleon Wide.
    Questions:
    The superfly comes in three different fabrics: 30D silnylon, 20D silpoly and 30D silpoly. Which one to get a why?
    As west Texas is not know from its constant torrential downpours, I'll be in porch mode most of the time. Is this tarp a solid choice for porch mode and could someone please post a superfly picture in porch mode?
    I'm assuming the 11' tarp is OK with the 11' Chameleon and I don't need to look for a 12' tarp?
    Thanks

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    The 11 foot will work just fine but as you said if you're not backpacking I'd go larger as the cost isn't that much more. SilNylon is an older material and has a tendency to "hold" a bit of water where SilPoly doesn't. SilNylon is a bit toucher than SilPoly but most wouldn't notice the difference. I always recommend SilPoly tarps. Now just determine if you want a bit heaver material or not. Again since you are not backpacking I'd suggest the 30d Silpoly.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx /pad
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    I would recommend 30D Sil Poly Bushwhack or the Evergreen/Olive Brown in 30D Sil Nylon since weight is not a consideration for you (Of the two, I prefer the 30D Sil Poly). The extra strength might come in handy if you encounter high winds.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie

The game is the best teacher.

Here's my Chameleon wide with my Superfly tarp...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    From Warbonnet website.....

Fabric

We are currently offering tarps in both Polyester and Nylon options (camo print available in Polyester ONLY). The Polyester fabric is more stretch resistant and has lower water absorption, while the Nylon is a stronger more durable fabric. Both are good options, weights are similar for each. Both fabrics have a minimum 2000mm hydrostatic head waterproof rating.

30D 2000mm NeverMist™ Silnylon: 19oz
    20D 2000mm NeverMist™ Silpoly: 18oz
    30D 2000mm NeverMist™ Silpoly: 20oz
    Ridgeline Length: 11’0”
    Width: 10’0”

The Superfly (SF) is our largest tarp. As far as size and coverage goes, it’s equivalent to the MJ plus removable door kit. The only difference is that the doors of the SF are not removable, they’re built-in to the shape of the tarp. You can however fold them to the outside or the underside when not needed, this creates a shape almost identical to that of the MJ. The Superfly is a 100% coverage all-season tarp when used over any of our end gathered hammocks (BB, BBXLC, Travelers). The Superfly is a popular choice over the Ridgerunner as well, you will only be able to get the doors closed about 90% of the way due to the long suspension triangle of the Ridgerunner, however most folks feel this is fully adequate for storm protection on it’s own, and the UCP or Spindrift can always be added for more if there is any concern. The versatility, expansive coverage, and convenient built-in doors of the Superfly make it a good choice for any of our hammock models. This is our most popular tarp.
    Shug's Swag.... teespring.com/stores/shugs-swag-shop

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

My YouTube Videos