Tarp
    Marpatcat
    Insulation
    See sig below
    Suspension
    Grape Vines

West Virginia, Equalizer Hanging Out

Hi everybody!

After spending way too much time enjoying 100s of your posts over the years, I finally got around to connecting here. Hope you'll have me. I've learned so much reading here that I already feel that I know some of you and would like to contribute what I can.

Maybe the best way to get aquainted is to give a few highlights.

As a foolish kid started out with 60 to 80 pound loads and wondered why the other guys would show off their sissy high tech stuff. I figured a real man had to be prepared for the worse and didn't worry about bloody red shoulders after a trip.

I get a little lighter every other year. Eventually realized hammocks are lighter, and sleep better than a pad on the ground. Came up with some unique designs for UL and cuben fiber. Separately, some effective, awesome field designs for..I'll just say, hard core applications. Not sissy high tech stuff 😠! Well..... It was kinda high tech, but tough!

Came 👌close to buying a closed factory to make those designs locally. Would have been an early dream fulfilled. Life got complicated. that will stay a dream. There are more important dreams to become reality now.

*Plans for next one is DIY extra wide bridge, because I sleep on my side and last one made is not quite there. Trying to decide if it should be ultra light, or ultra comfortable, or ultra camo. Looks like it'll end up a compromise but leaning towards comfort,...in a manley sort of way... ..but without the red shoulders.

*Lastly, probably going to build a hammock to use at home. I think it'll be healthier than the new mattresses that require flame retardants that we have to breathe all night. Either that or DIY with buckwheat hulls .

*Major life goals: Affordable Life extension technologies and health. The "health care system" is basically a scam. Because the drug pushers wear scrubs, people trust them. My entire life in and out of the lab, I've seen what works. Drugs and organ amputations do not work. I've found answers that led to folks getting off their death beds and living to the fullest. There are free and low cost ways that contribute to optimum health, lifespans, happiness, and...

*Security: the best way to save a life is to offer the knowledge and skill sets needed for preserving the lives of self and family. This is the ounce of prevention that EXCEEDS the pound of no cure. I know of a man who had his life threatened / attempted with murder over fifteen times and has lived to talk about it. Perhaps he has something to offer others who hold life dear. Tested and proven to work. Sure beats life insurance that can't be enjoyed by the one paying for it, nor extend life by one day.

*Lastly, I've just been asked to do a podcast. It's too early to count chicks, but had serious opportunities just offered.Hoping for opportunities to help many more people that want to enjoy a healthy life.

I'm open to those who would like to do weekend hangs.

Feel free to chime in here or email me any time.

🌳🌄🌲
    To your Health and Happiness!
    Equalizer ☕☺👍

_____
    "Country rooooads, take me home,
    to the place where I belong, West Virginia,
    Mountain momma, take me home, country roads.
    Where kids do dangerous things. They climb trees and skin their knees, but Mom and dad don't worry, gets a mower and pocket knife.
    A place where birds and bees, possum, squirrels,
    hang their beds, from the trees, just like you and me,
    Ohhh what fond memories!"

Anyhow, that's not John Denver. It's what comes from not enough sleep for a week.

Once in a while, I find myself stretching a comfortable sheet out between hardwood beside a field of dreams.....of wild and wonderful things..country roads to Almost Heaven.
    Last edited by Equalizer; 06-16-2018 at 17:06. Reason: Trying to change title

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Welcome Equalizer, from Denton NC. West Virginia is a beautiful state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Welcome, Equalizer. Like your ideas, like your locale. My next trip may be Laurel Fork North. Never been there - any trails you'd recommend?

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Welcome to the forums Equalizer

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    Hello Equalizer and welcome from Northern Arkansas!
    Hammock Tourist / Hammock Fiend / Hammock Therapist

Hammock
    Green diy Bridge
    Tarp
    Marpatcat
    Insulation
    See sig below
    Suspension
    Grape Vines
    Thanks alot guys!
    I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Welcome, Equalizer. Like your ideas, like your locale. My next trip may be Laurel Fork North. Never been there - any trails you'd recommend?
    WV,
    Like your handle!
    I'd just park your car at the campground and go down to the stream/river. Then Id6 follow it as far as you have time for and back. Wish I could recommend side trails but, The water is the highlight. Take a short pole if you like to fish for native brookies. Being early it hopefully will not be overgrown since its not maintained much.
    Here's about as up to date details as I can find.
    http://https://www.fs.usda.gov/recar...a/?recid=12367
    https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/w...rel-fork-trail

https://www.hikingupward.com/all_rev...Fork/index.asp

JFYI, a rattlesnake den is likely somewhere along the area.
    There were reports of trail sightings. 9 Times out of 10 they won't bite if you don't take a stick to them so don't worry. But for the cost of no more than an ounce wt you can buy an Extractor (Sawyer brand) for under 20 bucks. Leave the case in the car (save an ounce, put the kit in a ziplock bag). Keep the device dry and clean and it should last 20 years. More likely need it for bees and moskitos. My former summer camps biggest danger were bee stings. The summer I bought them for each counsellors kit, we had zero problems from bee stings. That OUNCE of protection, I mean prevention....

Hope you have great weather. That side of the state is the best.
    Last edited by Equalizer; 06-16-2018 at 11:23.

Hammock
    DIY Chameleon Compatible AIRWAVE1.8
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly XL
    Insulation
    Habanero/Serrano
    Suspension
    Straps/Beetles
    Howdy from a displaced hillbilly in Jacksonville, NC!

Hammock
    Green diy Bridge
    Tarp
    Marpatcat
    Insulation
    See sig below
    Suspension
    Grape Vines
    Jgreenewv,

Thank you much. N. C. Is a beautiful state too. Never stayed overnight outdoors there, but it's on my bucket list to someday take a week or two and hike that area where Last of the Mohicans was filmed.

• + New Posts