Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Question SLD Steamliner Peak Shelf

Is the peak shelf option in a SLD Streamliner removable or permanently attached?

Is the hammock symmetrical or asymmetrical? Is there a head-end and a tail-end, and are they different (like less wide, more fabric, cut different or something)?

Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch bling
    ~

It is a symmetrical hammock - no set lay. The peak shelf option is a sewn in shelf so it is considered a permanent attachment.

I got a peak shelf and an optional Zip-It Peak bag on one of my Tree Runners. I prefer the Zip-It Peak bag which is removable and can be used like a peak shelf and a variety of other ways. YMMV

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorslap View Post
    ~

It is a symmetrical hammock - no set lay. The peak shelf option is a sewn in shelf so it is considered a permanent attachment.

I got a peak shelf and an optional Zip-It Peak bag on one of my Tree Runners. I prefer the Zip-It Peak bag which is removable and can be used like a peak shelf and a variety of other ways. YMMV
    mirrorslap, can you expand on your use of the Zip-It Peak Bag as a peak Shelf? If you have pics, even better. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch bling
    Quote Originally Posted by mychal View Post
    mirrorslap, can you expand on your use of the Zip-It Peak Bag as a peak Shelf? If you have pics, even better. Thanks.

~

this is an image from SLD website:

Peak Zip.jpg

Personally, I hang mine on the outside of the hammock gathered end and use it to be the keeper of all of my stuff sacks and such as I set up my gear. Plenty of other usage ideas: keep a change of clothes nearby; keep dirty clothes separate; as a "peak shelf" inside the hammock; etc.

Compared to the peak shelf, which is sewn in, this is in my opinion a lot more versatile. I can use it in a variety of ways on and off the hammock, move it from one hammock to another, or remove it and leave it behind if I did not need it.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorslap View Post
    ~

this is an image from SLD website:

Peak Zip.jpg

Personally, I hang mine on the outside of the hammock gathered end and use it to be the keeper of all of my stuff sacks and such as I set up my gear. Plenty of other usage ideas: keep a change of clothes nearby; keep dirty clothes separate; as a "peak shelf" inside the hammock; etc.

Compared to the peak shelf, which is sewn in, this is in my opinion a lot more versatile. I can use it in a variety of ways on and off the hammock, move it from one hammock to another, or remove it and leave it behind if I did not need it.
    Ok, I understand now. I thought you had a way to fasten the bottom corners of the bag to the hammock edge/zipper area, and the middle-bottom of the bag then could be attached to the RL, and then you could just throw things up on top of the bag. I was thinking of that as the predominant feature of a shelf...hands free use, so to speak.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks for the explanation on the hammock and shelf. I like the idea of the removable Zip-It Peak Bag, thanks for the idea.

I understand the Streamliner is symmetrical (head/feet either left or right) but Does it have a head and foot end (e.g one end is wider/skinnier) or are both ends identical? The peak shelf option talks about head and foot ends. I’m wonder if there is a difference or it’s basically do you want one or two shelves.

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbenny View Post
    Thanks for the explanation on the hammock and shelf. I like the idea of the removable Zip-It Peak Bag, thanks for the idea.

I understand the Streamliner is symmetrical (head/feet either left or right) but Does it have a head and foot end (e.g one end is wider/skinnier) or are both ends identical? The peak shelf option talks about head and foot ends. I’m wonder if there is a difference or it’s basically do you want one or two shelves.
    The streamliner is symmetrical & cuts on both ends identical .
    Head & foot end just means do you want a peak bag located on what end you decide will be head or foot.
    & yes it’s either do you want 2 shelves on each end or one at what you determine to be head or foot
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

I have been using a peak loft shelf made by Jared for a few months now... this one is a loft shelf designed to retro fit other hammocks. I have swapped it out with different hammock ridge lines, handy catcher to store stuff.
    Having also a zip loft bag that lays underneath the peak loft shelf was more to place my book in keeping it flat and behind my head has been the ducks nuts!... Leaving the freedom inside the hammock..... This too can be easily retro fitted to any hammock....

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortRound View Post
    The streamliner is symmetrical & cuts on both ends identical .
    Thanks for the confirmation ShortRound. Also I enjoyed your SLD videos, they’re really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbenny View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation ShortRound. Also I enjoyed your SLD videos, they’re really good.

Thanks for checking out the vids Big Benny ! Glad to be of help
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast