Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images

Thumbs up Maiden Hang for my NX-250

I finally got my NX250 hung for the first time and spent my first night in it. The weather treated me kindly, and low temp was only 20 degree F. I was WAY overprepared and kept getting hot. I did not use the Clark underpockets, but I will next time, if nothing else to get a little of my junk out of the hammock. I had everything else in "quick draw" mode right in the hammock with me. It was too much. Here is how I was set up. I used the Clark ropes and drip rings like they suggested. I used the RX250 tarp, with a single ridgeline running under the tarp. I used Prissic knots on the ridgeline to position and tighten the tarp ridgeline. Some of the tarp tie-outs were tied to whatever stuff was available, and some were tied to deadmen in the snow. I used an Arrowhead New River UQ, and a full size Wally World blue CCF pad inside with an Eddie Bauer down mummy sleeping bag, made back when the company was still making premium quality gear. It is over 30 years old and just as good as new. I slept in some Cabella synthetic heavy weight drawers, a duofold undershirt with a fleece top over it, with a single pair of heavy cotton socks. I had a heavy wool pair ready to put on, but never came close to needing them. I followed everyone's advice and put a hot water bottle in to the foot of the bag, mainly because I didn't believe it would stay warm all night (it did!). I also had a winter jacket gloves, a heavy weight hoodie and a WW emergency fleece sleeping bag in with me. It was WAAAAAAY too much. I slept really well with the exception of waking up hot, readjusting, then getting cool, etc. All in all, a fantastic piece(s) of equipment, and a wonderful new avenue for me. If someone can tell me how to post pictures, I will post a few.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Terrific. You'll learn to manage everthing in good time....... fun, ain't it.
    Clark feller are you.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Thanks Shug, I learned a WHOLE lot real quick on just the one hang. I missed the Colorado hang last weekend because I hadn't had a chance to try anything out. I didn't want to spoil a trip for someone else because of my ignorance and/or stupidity (I do that type thing really well). As it turns out, I would have been fine, but now I'm a lot more comfortable with knowing how my equipment and I stack up. Fun? It just doesn't get any more fun than that. Well, maybe that ONE thing!!

I'm going to work with the Clark ropes a little more, as I like to use things as the manufacturer designed them, but I'm pretty sure I feel a change coming on.
    Last edited by waddy; 03-01-2010 at 12:30. Reason: Poor proofreading.

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    and your off!seems like as soon as a hanger learns they will not freeze to death they can't stop hangin,an experimentin.i am down to half what i started using.still never tried one of those uq thingies.
    hangin warm
    bill

Hammock
    Clark TX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    10X10 or 12X12
    Insulation
    Clark Z liner
    Suspension
    rings and straps
    Images
    Woo! Congrats Waddy!

Glad to hear you're getting situated with the new Clark, and having a blast in the process!
    Yesterday's tomorrow is tomorrow's yesterday. It's the only day that counts.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Thanks a million for all your original help, suggestions, and pointing me here in the first place molawns.....I think

My checkbook is definitely smoking, but I'm having a ball

• + New Posts