Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
  1. #31
    I have off work that weekend. The boys are already talking about coming along! Might be bringing some friends along...we will see!

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Morris County, NJ, USA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsy Camp and Canoe View Post
    May the 4th be with you.
    and my birthday I wonder.... This is 1.5 from my mom's house... hmm... I have a brand new bridge hammock and just ordered underquilt...
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Morris County, NJ, USA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Posts
    303
    Remind me again what MAHHA stands for? Is it Mid-Atlantic Hammock Hang Association?
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Lititz, PA
    Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HH 30D Hex
    Insulation
    CRO 30*TQ/20*UQ
    Suspension
    DW Bettle Buckles
    Posts
    82
    Might bring the kiddos. I’m hanging/fishing/hunting the weekend before. Need to get the kids hammocks.

  5. #35
    2Questions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lititz, PA
    Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Posts
    3,035
    Images
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by NJHeart2Heart View Post
    Remind me again what MAHHA stands for? Is it Mid-Atlantic Hammock Hang Association?
    Very, very close!! Mid Atlantic Hammock Hangers Association!
    Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

  6. #36
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly SilTarp
    Insulation
    HG Econ Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    23
    Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I'm interested in attending this event. How does it work? Do I need to register beforehand? Do you have to stay for all 3 days? What should I bring and be prepared for besides a hammock? Can I camp with this group, or do I need to reserve my own campsite? Any help or friendly advice would be welcome. Thanks

  7. #37
    They usually post a sign up sheet a few weeks ahead of time. You can sign up there.

    Not sure what you know so far or what gear you already have. Assuming you know you need suspension, I would suggest insulation underneath you. You either need a camp pad inside your hammock or an underquilt suspended below it. I expect chilly nights the beginning of May. You will want to keep an eye on the weather. Do you own a tarp? Even a Wal-Mart tarp will do. Whatever it takes to keep you dry or act as a wind break if you need it. Of course, there are great options from cottage vendors, too!

    You can camp with the group! There are plenty of trees! I think if you want to bring a dog or something, you need to rent a pet friendly site at the campground. Someone else will have better info on that if you need it!

    You are not obligated to stay all 3 days, but you are welcome to if you want to! If you want to extend your stay by either arriving sooner or staying a few days longer, you will need a campsite for the extra days.

    If you look up Spring MAHHA 2018 on YouTube, you can see some of the group camping area. I think the trip report thread from last year has pics, too! Welcome!!!

    You will need some food, but that will depend on how many days you stay. Let us know more about your plans, and I know lots of others will chime in to help you out!

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Lititz, PA
    Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HH 30D Hex
    Insulation
    CRO 30*TQ/20*UQ
    Suspension
    DW Bettle Buckles
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickence View Post
    They usually post a sign up sheet a few weeks ahead of time. You can sign up there.

    Not sure what you know so far or what gear you already have. Assuming you know you need suspension, I would suggest insulation underneath you. You either need a camp pad inside your hammock or an underquilt suspended below it. I expect chilly nights the beginning of May. You will want to keep an eye on the weather. Do you own a tarp? Even a Wal-Mart tarp will do. Whatever it takes to keep you dry or act as a wind break if you need it. Of course, there are great options from cottage vendors, too!

    You can camp with the group! There are plenty of trees! I think if you want to bring a dog or something, you need to rent a pet friendly site at the campground. Someone else will have better info on that if you need it!

    You are not obligated to stay all 3 days, but you are welcome to if you want to! If you want to extend your stay by either arriving sooner or staying a few days longer, you will need a campsite for the extra days.

    If you look up Spring MAHHA 2018 on YouTube, you can see some of the group camping area. I think the trip report thread from last year has pics, too! Welcome!!!

    You will need some food, but that will depend on how many days you stay. Let us know more about your plans, and I know lots of others will chime in to help you out!
    I’ll check out the historical info too. Is this car camping? My kids will be nine and six and we don’t gave bacjpacking setups for them.

  9. #39
    2Questions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lititz, PA
    Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Posts
    3,035
    Images
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by jtkratzer View Post
    Iíll check out the historical info too. Is this car camping? My kids will be nine and six and we donít gave bacjpacking setups for them.
    There is a family campground with electric and bath houses just up the road from the group camping area. Some of the people that attend the hang stay there. You will need to reserve a site...anyone reserving a site is responsible for the cost. I would suggest reserving the site ASAP.
    Donna
    EDIT: I forgot to add...I will start a Official planning thread sometime in March. Here is the planning thread from last year.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ing+MAHHA+2018
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Lititz, PA
    Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HH 30D Hex
    Insulation
    CRO 30*TQ/20*UQ
    Suspension
    DW Bettle Buckles
    Posts
    82
    Who knew Pine Grove, Pa and Pine Grove Furnace State Park were 75 minutes apart?
    Last edited by jtkratzer; 02-27-2019 at 08:19.

  • + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. 2018 Fall MAHHA Save the Date
      By 2Questions in forum Northeast
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: 08-27-2018, 14:58
    2. 2019 Spring MAHHA Save the Date
      By 2Questions in forum Northeast
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 05-26-2018, 08:01
    3. 2018 Spring MAHHA Save the Date
      By 2Questions in forum Northeast
      Replies: 123
      Last Post: 03-02-2018, 21:15
    4. Save the Date for Fall MAHHA - Oct. 17-19 2014
      By HappyCamper in forum Northeast
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 02-06-2014, 15:38
    5. Replies: 34
      Last Post: 07-23-2013, 06:33

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •